Why is c.d apparently dead ?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 108165

I think Mike's posts are generally in the best of humour, don't take him too seriously or see it as a personal attack.

Reactions: Mike Hunt and Gray

MeanandGreen

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
What about DVD and Blu-ray?

Lately I find myself buying more and more of these on the cheap. The reason being I’ll look for something on Netflix or Amazon and it’s either not there, or it’s for rental only at an extra cost.

I mean why? Why when they are taking a monthly fee already do they think it’s ok to be charging extra for the old classics and cults? It’s a con.

It’s even more of a con when I can buy the same film on a disc and have it delivered through my letterbox for cheaper than their 48hr stream!

It‘s also annoying when a trilogy box set on Netflix is usually missing either the first or second part. What’s the bloody point?!

I may be a little off topic here, but I feel this supports the argument for physical media over streaming even more.

It just highlights the flaws of streaming to me.

So easy to read into something. Best to read the whole thread to help it make sense.

I'm sure you are right, and I had read it before adding to it. I guess sometimes it feels like the record is cracked (pun intended), and I don't know Mike well enough to feel that being the butt of the joke works for me.

I could always change my icon?

Optimized-DSC_1248.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
What about DVD and Blu-ray?

Lately I find myself buying more and more of these on the cheap. The reason being I’ll look for something on Netflix or Amazon and it’s either not there, or it’s for rental only at an extra cost.

I mean why? Why when they are taking a monthly fee already do they think it’s ok to be charging extra for the old classics and cults? It’s a con.

It’s even more of a con when I can buy the same film on a disc and have it delivered through my letterbox for cheaper than their 48hr stream!

It‘s also annoying when a trilogy box set on Netflix is usually missing either the first or second part. What’s the bloody point?!

I may be a little off topic here, but I feel this supports the argument for physical media over streaming even more.

It just highlights the flaws of streaming to me.
It is annoying when a streaming service like Netflix or Prime are missing parts of a set, but I have other, reliable sources for the missing parts and for old and obscure titles, etc.

Mike Hunt

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
I'm sure you are right, and I had read it before adding to it. I guess sometimes it feels like the record is cracked (pun intended), and I don't know Mike well enough to feel that being the butt of the joke works for me.

I could always change my icon?

View attachment 1033
The reason I continued with the CD/weights thing here is because you voluntarily brought it into another thread, so I assumed it was somewhere you didn't mind going, and I simply considered it reciprocal banter.
I think a lot of of my replies should be taken a large pinch of humour, as it's probably the way they were meant to be taken, and a lot of them may be tongue-in-cheek, but I do try to make effective use of the smileys, as I know that online communication can be a minefield, and it's easy to be misunderstood.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts