Why do you buy Samsung /LG TV over Sony/Panasonic?

Kiwi

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
Looking at the statistics, Samsung and LG TVs seem the top two sold TV brand in UK.
I'm wondering what are the reasons do people choose Samsung or LG for their first choice ?

I also looked at the other report that says the repeat rate of Sony and Panasonic TV is more than those of Samsung and LG.
Do you know the reason why?

D

Deleted member 2457

Looking at the statistics, Samsung and LG TVs seem the top two sold TV brand in UK.
I'm wondering what are the reasons do people choose Samsung or LG for their first choice ?

I also looked at the other report that says the repeat rate of Sony and Panasonic TV is more than those of Samsung and LG.
Do you know the reason why?
People buy a Samsung because it’s a QLED and is very bright with excellent blacks too. They get no screen burn and make very good gaming TVs and you can get 8K for a reasonable price too.

LG is OLED which has the best black levels but is limited in terms of brightness makes a very good accurate picture does OLED. They do however sometimes get screen burn from static images like news channels or gaming pictures.

Sony and Panasonic TVs are OLED too have a particular fan base that like the image of either brand. They say that Panasonic is the purist choice for films and not much of a gaming TV. Sony has a loyal fan base that just like Sony TVs.

Reactions: Kiwi
A friend recently explained he’d deliberately bought a previous year model by Sony to avoid the Android system which he disliked. He now has no iPlayer on that tv. We had similar with an even older model. However, I loved our Sony picture for colour balance and detail.

We now have a LG inherited from a relative and I’m very impressed with the functionality and menus. The picture is excellent after judicious adjustments, and the remote is very easy to use. My wife prefers the Samsung in another room, but both are superior to the Sony my friend has (we used it for a week, recently, while staying).

Based on this, I’d look at LG first were I choosing again. In the past, Sony would’ve been my first choice, as it had been for about 30 years - Trintron, anyone?

Gray

Although it was a decade ago, I worked for a retail chain installing the TVs customers had bought ( it cost them an extra 50 quid for up to half hour of setup / tutorial).
Samsung were very popular, as they were perceived to be better value.
Personally though, I much preferred Panasonic (and the odd Sony).

No question that in CRT days Sony Trinitron were the best (bought 11 of them in my family). These days the 'best' is not so clear cut - must be 6 or 7 years ago that I got my Pan LED, only HD but not being a film fan, suits me.

manicm

I created a new thread for this. I love Samsung for their user interfaces. And apps are always up to date.

However in the HDR format wars they should swallow their pride and embrace Dolby Vision. Just about nobody is supporting HDR10+.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts