who here only uses chord cables only hope im not the only one :)

fpeepingtom

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi, jack92. I have all Chord cables connecting my set up. Namely, Superscreen mains cable, Carnival Silverscreen speaker cable and Chameleon plus interconnects. Hope that helps.
smiley-laughing.gif

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
Hmm

I have been working my way around cables to upgrade from Chord Crimson and have returned to CC again.

It is much more enjoyable sound coming through. I feel involved.

Timing, punchy, dynamic but still detailed.

I have just tried Linn Silver, mark grant G1500HD, borrowed VDH First Ultimate. All have there pros/cons.

I may try Chord Chameleon next as seem to like chord :)

Hopefully same as Crimson but a bit extra all round.

Thoughts?????

Cheers

Ambrose

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Ambrose said:
Hmm

I have been working my way around cables to upgrade from Chord Crimson and have returned to CC again.

It is much more enjoyable sound coming through. I feel involved.

Timing, punchy, dynamic but still detailed.

I have just tried Linn Silver, mark grant G1500HD, borrowed VDH First Ultimate. All have there pros/cons.

I may try Chord Chameleon next as seem to like chord :)

Hopefully same as Crimson but a bit extra all round.

Thoughts?????

Cheers

Ambrose

Telurium Q

(Sorry Linn Silver didn't work out.)

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
Telurium Q

(Sorry Linn Silver didn't work out.)

[/quote]

Hi Cno,

No problem. I did like Linn, but preferred higher freq of Chord and sounded more lively to me. The Soundstage of Linn was nice and stable (more tangible & defined) which I will miss. However music was more enclosed within the soundstage especially with vocals being not as forward (prominent) as I like.

Sold almost straight away on ebay for same price I brought so no major loss. Definately worth a go and satisfied my curiosity.

The Telurium Q will have to wait I fear until I try the Chameleon.

I am quite amazed how good the Crimson performs given a decent (and quite revealing) system. I expect the Linn serves a bigger contrast with a much higher end system?

Ambrose

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Ambrose said:
I am quite amazed how good the Crimson performs given a decent (and quite revealing) system. I expect the Linn serves a bigger contrast with a much higher end system?

Ambrose

Thank you for letting me down gently....I liked the Linns because they were not forward, but revealed the nature of my system.

I suspect you are a likely candidate for the TQ Black I/Cs...which are very fast, detailed and exciting, while avoiding brightness.

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Ambrose said:

Ambrose

Thank you for letting me down gently....I liked the Linns because they were not forward, but revealed the nature of my system.

I suspect you are a likely candidate for the TQ Black I/Cs...which are very fast, detailed and exciting, while avoiding brightness.

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Ambrose said:

Ambrose

Oops!

Bad post.

They are a tad expensive though. A Speaker upgrade might be more cost effective.

Wouldn't it be overkill in a system like mine in your opinion?

Either way I plan to try Chord again, probably Chameleon. Do you know how the Chorus or Anthem compare as they pop up on ebay?

Cheers

Ambrose

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Ambrose said:
Oops!

Bad post.

They are a tad expensive though. A Speaker upgrade might be more cost effective.

Wouldn't it be overkill in a system like mine in your opinion?

Either way I plan to try Chord again, probably Chameleon. Do you know how the Chorus or Anthem compare as they pop up on ebay?

Cheers

Ambrose

You are absolutely right to question where best to spend your money....and if the extra money gets you into better speakers, then that's the way to go.....if not........borrow some to try.

Aside from the TQ Black, going up the Chord tree should give you the sound you like, only better. I'm not the best person to ask, as Chord is not my favorite brand.

TRENDING THREADS