Who has booked their Star Wars tickets or are going to? Spoilers Alert

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
carter said:
The_Lhc said:
gel said:
George Lucas hated it too apparently. ?
Of course he did, he had no involvement in it, he was always going to hate it. If he'd had his way he'd have probably brought jar jar binks back from the dead...
he's not dead is he......or have you been reading that gungan fan fiction again ;-)
Oh yeah, I don't think he is dead is he?

Well have you seen him in the last 50 years?

Seriously though, it's become increasingly apparent that George Lucas was the worst thing about Star Wars, rather than the best.

strapped for cash said:
bigboss said:
The glasses looked black, but when you look at them sideways, you can see red (left) and blue (right) hues. The blue one had a mirrored coating.

That's strange.

Anaglyph and light polarising 3-D glasses filter light in different ways. RealD content is incompatible with anaglyph 3-D glasses and vice versa.

To the best of my knowledge, RealD's circular polarising filters have no colour component, since this would corrupt the image's integrity beyond the dimming effect.?

Glad you enjoyed the film.
It was definitely RealD as the logo was imprinted on the glasses. The glasses themselves looked black, but if you looked at them sideways, you could see a red hue on the left glass, and a mirrored blue hue on the right.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
It was definitely RealD as the logo was imprinted on the glasses. The glasses themselves looked black, but if you looked at them sideways, you could see a red hue on the left glass, and a mirrored blue hue on the right.

Maybe you lucked out and got a designer pair!

There could be a colour aspect to RealD's technology, but colour shouldn't have anything to do with circular light polarising methods.

Anaglpyh 3-D systems (red/green or red/blue) seriously distort colour reproduction. Anaglpyh 3-D is cheaper because it's a single strip format (no dual projection system is needed), which is why it was popular with exhibitors during the 1980s. Anaglyph glasses cost almost nothing to produce, too (not that circular light polarising glasses cost a fortune to manufacture). Anaglyph is cheap and dirty, and enthusiasts greatly prefer light polarising systems.

A lot of people think light polarising 3-D is new, but it was standard for 3-D theatrical exhibition in the 1950s, even though photos from the period commonly show the red/blue glasses (think Back to the Future). Anaglyph specs were more commonly used for comics and breakfast cereal promotions.

I'm not sure why I'm saying this, other than to express confusion. To my knowledge, which might be flawed, circular polarising systems such as RealD are sold on their ability to preserve colour integrity; and tinted lenses block part of the colour spectrum.

D

Deleted member 2457

buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
George Lucas hated it too apparently.

gel I think you should watch it again and this time choose a decent seat, avoid the front row at all costs!
Yep, I think I might just buy the Blu-Ray even for the sound quality.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:
George Lucas hated it too apparently. ?

gel I think you should watch it again and this time choose a decent seat, avoid the front row at all costs!?

Didnt seen to me the sound quality was the best I've ever heard. Then again I'm no audiophile and can barely hear the difference of a pair of premium heasphones or apple ear buds..

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:

gel I think you should watch it again and this time choose a decent seat, avoid the front row at all costs!

Didnt seen to me the sound quality was the best I've ever heard. Then again I'm no audiophile and can barely hear the difference of a pair of premium heasphones or apple ear buds..
The Millenium Falcan sounded good, didn't it? I thought so.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
gel said:
nugget2014 said:
gel said:
buzz_lightclick said:
gel said:

The Millenium Falcan sounded good, didn't it? I thought so.

cant remember, only part i remember is when their first ship blew up in jakku. good LFE

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts