Which tv size for 2.2 - 2.6 meters?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

After reading and searching about the distance subject still not decided on the tv size. I am not sure if I should buy a 37" or a 40" tv size. My sofa will be around 2.2 and 2.7 meters from the TV screen (I will mount the tv on the wall to gain some distance) and I am normally watching standard TV and movies downloaded with a 640x480 via a DVICO 4000. I suppose that the HD content will come in a few years but meanwhile I would like to enjoy the TV. After deciding the size of the TV which is the best one for SD content. At this point I don´t mind to pay premium price for the best possible PQ.

Many thanks and congratulations for the site and the magazine.

MallorcaVIP

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I got a 50" plasma and the closest I sit is about 2.5 meters with no problems. The best sets for both SD and HD are imo Pioneer's Kuro Plasmas.

If full HD is not priority for you then last years pioneers can be found for reasonable money. They also did 42" screens which is probably a good starting point. You'd probably soon wish you had gone bigger than 37".

regards

A

Anonymous

I have a Pioneer 42 inch at 2.4m and it's fine. I recently tested the new 50 inch Pioneer 500A at 2.5m and I thought that it was fine as well. I'm really tempted to upgrade my TV to the 50 inch but my 42 inch is only a few months old!

A

Anonymous

I sit 1.9m-2m from my 32" and I find it perfect. Regarding SD freeview I think a greater size would make things worse.

If I were you I'd consider a 37" taking into account the kind of material you'll be viewing.ÿ

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
Find a really good dealer and take along a retractable measure. ÿYou may look a bit silly, but you're going to be shelling out a lot of cash. ÿStand or sit at your 'home' distance and watch SD/DVD on your shortlist. ÿDon't bother with the big stores - the viewing experience is nothing like at home.

TRENDING THREADS