Which speakers

Gray

Going to treat myself to a Denon DM 41 dab.The reviews recommend Denon SC 41 speakers.Anyone got this or any other recommendations? Thanks
Good for you, you'll be glad you did.
My brother bought the DM40 without speakers. I put my Kef Q100s on it.
It sounded good, despite the fact that he has the DM40 and speakers all on the same surface.
There's no shortage of small, good value speakers that you could choose.
Maybe you want the speakers to be as compact as the DM41, but you could be more ambitious.
I reckon the DM41 would good enough for something like this:
On their own stands such as:
True, those particular speakers and stands would probably cost as much as the DM40 itself, but it gives you something to think about. (Also those speakers / stands could work for any future upgrade - if necessary).

Reactions: Al ears

scene

You could look at the q-acoustics 3020i or the newer 3030i.

I've got a pair of the 3020i and they punch well above their cost. There only slight downside is their bass extension. It's ok, but not brilliant. For me they're fine as using on a bookshelf in my study, so don't need huge amounts of bass.

It's bass is an issue, look at the new 3030i, which world be my upgrade for my current pair. They've taken bigger bass drivers from their 3050i towers and used these to create a pair of bookshelves that go down to 46kHz

One warning: Both speakers are very deep.

I've got mine directly on IKEA Billy shelves, no stands, and they sound great.

D

Deleted member 116933

Going to treat myself to a Denon DM 41 dab.The reviews recommend Denon SC 41 speakers.Anyone got this or any other recommendations? Thanks

In years gone by these little deons used to come with missions, personally, that would be my first port of call

Edit little mission m71's off the big E 20-30 quid and suit it lovely

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Al ears

meznewquay

Apr 10, 2020
Visit site
You could look at the q-acoustics 3020i or the newer 3030i.

I've got a pair of the 3020i and they punch well above their cost. There only slight downside is their bass extension. It's ok, but not brilliant. For me they're fine as using on a bookshelf in my study, so don't need huge amounts of bass.

It's bass is an issue, look at the new 3030i, which world be my upgrade for my current pair. They've taken bigger bass drivers from their 3050i towers and used these to create a pair of bookshelves that go down to 46kHz

One warning: Both speakers are very deep.

I've got mine directly on IKEA Billy shelves, no stands, and they sound great.
Thanks for the input.After various reviews,yours included I am now leaning towards the 3020 I.Thanks again.

scene

Thanks for the input.After various reviews,yours included I am now leaning towards the 3020 I.Thanks again.
Glad to be of assistance.

I will say again how impressed I've been with the 3020i, especially given their price (I got mine for £189). They seem to be very tolerant of placement, I've got mine toed in slightly, due to the shape of my room and the soundstage is excellent.

Dans

Apr 19, 2020
Visit site
Not sure they fit your budget, but try the Buchardt S400s perhaps? You can have them with 30 day trial. I bought them recently and did not return, no way! Great little bookshelf with big bass sound like floorstanders.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts