Which Speakers

belker

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Would you guys recommend for the Pioneer VSX C100 ? I've just acquired this amp and will be using it for the foreseeable future until I can upgrade to something like the new Onkyo TX-SR606. I'm considering buying a front pair of speakers, then centre then rear, then a sub rather than a speaker package as funds are limited and I figure that way I can gradually accumulate a set of speakers which will be good enough to match up with the Onkyo but hopefully they won't outclass the Pioneer amp. Any recommendations ?

John Duncan

Depends on budget/size requirements, but since you're doing it gradually you need full range speakers at the front first, rather than lifestyle. Bearing in mind how much your amp must have cost you, you're probably looking at sub-£100 designs like the Tannoy Mercury F1 (my choice), Wharfedale Diamond 9.0, Q Acoustics 1010i or Tangent Evo.

All can be supplemented with matching surrounds, centres and subs as funds permit.

If you can give an idea of how much you want to spend and whether you have any aesthetic/size preferences, maybe we can narrow it down a bit.

belker

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
The amp was a freebee so no outlay there :)

I'd like the speakers to be on the small side if possible as its not a particularly big room and I'd like to stand the front & centre speakers onto my existing tv stand preferably. I'm probably looking at the £100 mark for each set of speakers.
Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts