Which speaker cable is best

A

Anonymous

The only problem i have with the Chord is, im channelling the cable up my wall but that parts fine, the problem is the cable is running around the edge of my oak floor under the skirting boards, but the max gap i can have is 15mm and the cable is 10mm x 2 = 20mm,

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
andrewg:
The only problem i have with the Chord is, im channelling the cable up my wall but that parts fine, the problem is the cable is running around the edge of my oak floor under the skirting boards, but the max gap i can have is 15mm and the cable is 10mm x 2 = 20mm,

Why is it on your list then?

daveh75

i wouldn't run the cable in the expansion gap for the floor either, why not chase it in the wall behind the skirtings. only reason i say this is if it is solid oak it really will need that gap to expand even if the oak has been given time to acclimatise before fitting

A

Anonymous

With speaker cables the thicker the conductors the better it is, regardless of brand. Silver is a slightly better conductor than copper.

A

Anonymous

As we are on the What Hi-Fi website and for those dumbies that didnt buy the Awards 2008 edition - Even the experts at What Hi-fi say that the Chord is better than the XT, altho the ZT is still a great cable its performance has been surpassed by the newer Chord Silver cable. I would go with the Chord and somehow make it work in your environment.

ps I would love to quote the reference from the magazine but you must go out and buy it yourself :)

A

Anonymous

Tear Drop:Grimly Fiendish: Silver is a slightly better conductor than copper.

Not for music reproduction it ain't

Music too.

A

Anonymous

Turbo:
I use Kimber Speaker cable for bi-amping.

Regards Lino.

which one?

A

Anonymous

I use the Kimber 4TC/8TC for back/side speakers and Kimber-BifocalXL for my front/centre.

Regards Lino.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts