Which plasma screen size?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello there. I'm interested in buying either the Panasonic TH37 PX80B or the TH42 PX80. Because both these screens are not full HD will the 42 inch screen have a big loss in quality over the 37 inch screen? We don't have a very large living room so we could manage with the 37 inch but because both TV's have a similar price on line I'm not sure which one to go for. Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

If your sitting 8ft away or more, definitely go for the 42".

My only regret in buying the 37PX80 was that I never got the 42". The size does grow on you.

And the new 2009 model is now out, the TX-P37X10. Review of the P42X10 on this site.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

How big is your room and are you planning to mount it on the wall or on a stand? My room is roughly 12 ft square and I'm currently shopping for a 50" TV to replace my 43" one. If you're wall mounting you can go bigger without the TV dominating the room.

A

Anonymous

...And if it wasn't for the fact that I'd need to re-hang my speakers and buy a sturdier bracket, I'd probably be trying to squeeze in a 60" set.

A

Anonymous

doodles:Hello there. I'm interested in buying either the Panasonic TH37 PX80B or the TH42 PX80. Because both these screens are not full HD will the 42 inch screen have a big loss in quality over the 37 inch screen? We don't have a very large living room so we could manage with the 37 inch but because both TV's have a similar price on line I'm not sure which one to go for. Thanks in advance.

42PZ85 looks great from 8ft as does Pioneer 5090 (50"). Both are full HD but perhaps out of your price range. Believe me, you will regret not buying full HD assuming you will watch some HD material.

A

Anonymous

Yes have to agree, wanted the panni 42" but let my other half talk me into buying the 37" regreted it ever since!

A

Anonymous

doodles:Hello there. I'm interested in buying either the Panasonic TH37 PX80B or the TH42 PX80. Because both these screens are not full HD will the 42 inch screen have a big loss in quality over the 37 inch screen? We don't have a very large living room so we could manage with the 37 inch but because both TV's have a similar price on line I'm not sure which one to go for. Thanks in advance.

Get the 42 inch! I have a 42 inch "only" HD ready Pioneer and it looks great with no loss in quality whatsoever.

A

Anonymous

How far are you sitting from the screen? And will you be watching much SD? if so from what source (dvd?, through an upscaling reciever? or just off air?)

From 7/8ft I would go with the 42 even for off air SD, 6ft or less stick with the 37" for off air SD but you could still get the 42" if watching HD or upscaling SD or even watching DVD.

Be aware it takes time to get used to the size, I got the 37px80b early Jan and only now think I maybe could have gone for the 42", at first I thought 37" was plenty big enough. What size are you stepping up from? this will have an impact on your initial feelings about the TV too.

Also can I ask why the px80 and not the new x10? The 42" in that model might even be better quality SD than the previous version and is worth checking out when the prices are so similar (or is the px80 now heavily discounted?)

A

Anonymous

Thanks everyone for the help. I'll be sitting more or less exactly 8ft away from the telly and watching sky sd and dvd for the moment . I hope to upgrade to sky HD very shortly and maybe get myself a good budget blu- ray player. My current TV is a 42 inch samsung rear projection so I know what you mean, you do get used to the size very quickly. I'll probably go for the 42 inch because it sounds like you don't get a severe loss of picture quality and 37 inch might seem small after having a 42 for so long. The reason i'm after the px80 is because of the very good deals on line. Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Sorry to confuse you, it seems I have another user name which I'd forgot about.

TRENDING THREADS