Which NAS for use with iTunes, AppleTV and Airport Express

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
I am going to Digitize all of my CD's (Apple Lossless) and use iTunes to stream from a NAS round the house initially to Netbook, will add on the ATV and AE as and when but first step will be a NAS drive. Liked the look of the netgear Stora start with 750GB or a 1TB drive and add a second drive to Raid it at a later Date.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=Netgear+Stora+

No real expert so grateful for any advice, cost is quite a factor so 120-130 max for the 1 drive, ability to raid later is still something I am working out if I really need, it would be nick to back up my PC's to the NAS along with the music to keep it safe.

Gozaradio

Jul 16, 2008
Visit site
The Stora looks like a good bet - a friend at work is considering one. As long as you don't plan on using the extra 'features' which require a subscription, it seems like a good deal.

I have a Netgear ReadyNAS Duo which is more expensive than the Stora but it has served me well for past year with 2 x 1.5TB mirrored Hard Disks containing all my music, a lot of other files and a large number of DVD ISO's.

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Netgear Website says you can use it as a stand alone iTunes server so am taking the plunge ordered a 1TB from Dabs for £105, will see how it goes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts