Which has the best picture quality?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
A heated debate was started at work, wondered if anyone could help.

High end LCD's, plasma or top notch projector. All of which has 1080p with a blue ray player hooked up?

Is the picture quality in the cinema as good or better than any of these things and can anyone say if the resolution and sound system in the cinema better or worse than what you can buy for the home?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Matty Fegan:
A heated debate was started at work, wondered if anyone could help.

High end LCD's, plasma or top notch projector. All of which has 1080p with a blue ray player hooked up?

Is the picture quality in the cinema as good or better than any of these things and can anyone say if the resolution and sound system in the cinema better or worse than what you can buy for the home?

Very interesting question. I've not seen a good projector system at work but seeing how much they cost, I would surprised if it wasn't the best way to secure yourself the ultimate picture.

A

Anonymous

Anyone got any answers then? Or is the question to tough?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
IMHO a projector, especially if you want a really large picture. And yes, you can easily build a home cinema system that's every bit as good (if not considerably better) than one in a real cinema. In fact, I've been to many commercial cinemas where the sound and picture was decidedly poor. Plus you get too many people talking throughout the film.
emotion-12.gif

A

Anonymous

What about new cinemas with the latest technology. If you pay for an upgraded seat it's in the middle to make the most of the cinematic sound. Would this not be the best way to watch your favourite film.

A

Anonymous

The guys at work seem to think that it's impossible for a projector to be better than an lcd because it has to throw the image from a distance and the image is stretched to 250 inches reducing the resolution.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
By their logic, the massive screen in the flagship Odeon cinema in Leicester Square - or, say, the IMAX - would be a fuzzy pixellated mess. It isn't.

A great projector in the right environment (good screen, positioning and lighting) will trounce any flatscreen so far made, and at a far lower cost-per-screen-inch to boot...

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info. How much would you need to spend to get an lcd trouncing great projector & screen?

A

Anonymous

From only seeing projectors in auditions i have come to the conclusion that the projector is best, and one day i will have one! I just love the smooth gradients of the colours.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
A good 1080p projector tends to look much cleaner than plasmas and LCD's, and as mentioned before, produces a far bigger and more cinematic image. As long as you can darken your room enough, a projector is the way to go. Just keep in mind that SD TV broadcasts won't look too hot as they're heavily compressed. Obviously HD broadcasts look far better, with some of them looking stunning.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts