Which Floorstanders

reece8

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I recently bought a Denon 3313 AV amp I am looking for a pair of floorstanders that will work well with unit using Zone 2. They must be oak finish to match the furniture. My budget is £400 - £800 and if it makes a difference the cable is Chord Carnival Silverscreen (left over from AV set up). My room is approx 14ft x 14ft with a 9ft ceiling height. It will be for listening to CD's, radio, iTunes.

My AV set up is Monitor Audio BX2AV10 and i could just go for the BX5 or BX6 but i do like variety.

Can anyone help and recommend a pair of floorstanders other than MA?

Thanks Reece

matthewpiano

Yes, Q Acoustics and Denon seem to work very well together. I've used my 2020i with both the RCDM39DAB unit and my PM720AE amp and it both combinations are excellent - though the 720AE integrated does get quite a bit more out of the speakers than the all-in-one, as you would probably expect.

reece8

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the input all. Looks like its between MA and Tannoy. I'll demo the MA BX5's BX6's and the Tannoy DC4T then decide.

Thanks Reece

reece8

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the input all. Looks like its between MA and Tannoy. I'll demo the MA BX5's BX6's and the Tannoy DC4T then decide.

Thanks Reece

reece8

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Just an update.

I finally decided on a pair of Castle Knight 5's. The real wood veneer fits in perfectly with the rest of the furniture. The build quality of these speakers is superb. I got them for less than 50% of the RRP. Straight out the box they sound fantastic with excellent controlled bass.

Reece

TRENDING THREADS