Which floorstanders to choose?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello!

I'm here again to ask you experts some opinions on which floorstanders to choose. The thing is that I live in Brazil, so my options are not many and my budget is considerably narrow having in mind the prohibitive taxes that we have down here.

I haven't got many options to choose from, which are the Dali Suite 2.8 and pretty much the whole of B&W range. The thing is that my budget is of around £3.800 which is what the Dalis cost here. The cheapest option is the B&W 683 (£2.500), but I don't know if the Dalis are worth the extra. What do you guys think?

Also, there is a slight possibility that I might raise the budget so that's why I wanted to ask you guys for opinions on the CM9, 803S, 804S, 703, that is, just briefly, how do they compare to each other and to the Dali Suite 2.8?

Last thing, with the limited budget, if you had to choose between the 683 (cheapest), Dalis (middle) and 804S (most expensive), what would you choose?

I'm sorry for asking too many questions hahaha, but it's kind of a necessary help!

Thanks in advance!!

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
emotion-11.gif
dali suite 2.8....NO CONTEST....

providing you have a large room and a solid floor.

easy to drive, warm sound, huge sound stage, no boom and tizz here, great finish.....

at the price no contest....

A

Anonymous

plastic penguin, sorry about that! I forgot to say what the rest of the system will be! It will be a Cary CDP1 as a CD player and a HDX 1000 media streamer connected to a DAC (not sure which one yet though, probably a DacMagic or maybe something better like the Benchmark DAC1). Then for amplifiers I'm yet to choose between the CAI1 or CAA1 plus CPA1. The thing is that the latter is better but also much more expensive, so I'm still not sure if I'll be able to afford it. But well, that will be it! Do you think it's a good system? And what are your thoughts on the speakers now?

seasiders rock, in a way that's what I wanted to hear hahaha they're my primary choice, but I don't know if they're better than the B&Ws. I imagine that the 803S are much better given the price difference, but I don't know, having in mind what the rest of my system will be, whether they would compensate that extra by playing to their full potential or not.

Thanks for both of you for the very quick reply!

A

Anonymous

I haven't actually, no! Do you think it's a good idea? Initially I would prefer passive floorstanders, but active monitors are definitely an option worth considering! I don't know much about them, any suggestions?

leonardodrummond:

I haven't actually, no! Do you think it's a good idea? Initially I would prefer passive floorstanders, but active monitors are definitely an option worth considering! I don't know much about them, any suggestions?

If your yet to decide on a amp, then yes. The only snag is that active monitors, as far as I'm aware, are only standmounted but it means you don't need a separate amp - the speakers to it for you. Additionally, they're good for PC based music as well as traditional CD's.

Anyway, I'm off to bed, it's almost 4am in England and I'm tired.

Good luck

PP

A

Anonymous

I see... well, it's something to consider, I'll have a look!

Thank you!!

A

Anonymous

I'm sorry for reviving this topic, but some new oportunities have appeared and I would like, if possible, to ask for one last suggestion!

What would you guys choose between the Dali Suite 2.8, KEF XQ40, Wilson Benesch Square Two, Spendor A6, ATC SCM40 and B&W 803S? I will match it to a Cary CDP1 and a Cary CAI1!

Thanks in advance!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts