Which First?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking to upgrade my Pre and Power Amp in the near future, I'm not sure what to start looking at but I think maybe a Mid-Priced set up would be withing budget. What should I change first Pre or Power Amp. My current system is Carver based with a Creek Evo C.D. player. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
if you already have a power amp that driving your speakers correctly then change the preamp first, if that is not the case then get a new power amp first.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Mr.P."]I am looking to upgrade my Pre and Power Amp in the near future, I'm not sure what to start looking at but I think maybe a Mid-Priced set up would be withing budget. What should I change first Pre or Power Amp. My current system is Carver based with a Creek Evo C.D. player. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.[/quote]

As synergy is the key I think its more important you audition plenty and know what combination you will end up with eventually rather than which part you buy first.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="drummerman"]
[quote user="Mr.P."]I am looking to upgrade my Pre and Power Amp in the near future, I'm not sure what to start looking at but I think maybe a Mid-Priced set up would be withing budget. What should I change first Pre or Power Amp. My current system is Carver based with a Creek Evo C.D. player. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.[/quote]

As synergy is the key I think its more important you audition plenty and know what combination you will end up with eventually rather than which part you buy first.

[/quote]

Also consider a good integrated. You have a great choice these days.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Mr.P."]Any I should look at first to get the ball rolling?[/quote]

In the absence of any helpful information on your part as many as you can.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts