which dock system???

ukgthor

Sep 19, 2007
Visit site
I have listened to the Bose and wasn't impressed with the sound, and given the price I would personally pay the extra and go for the B&W Zeppelin. I have no experience of the samson studiodock, but I read a recent review of the Audioengine 2 (in Mac Format I think) and it came out top of the tree in its price class.

idc

Three very different set ups and my advice would be to try and audition them, though you may only be able to do two at a time. I am very happy with my Sounddock, but accept that the B&W sound better, but it should do as it it is in the price range above.

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the replies lads.

I ended up in richer sounds today and came out with the 'Denon m37dab unit' and a pair of 'cambridge audio S30's'. Just set it up and im over the moon with how it sounds. Just gotta look into an actual dock now. I was thinkin the arcam, Any other suggestions???

idc

I say atkins4725, this is a pretty spiffing way of connecting an ipod to any system with line in phonos (better than the mini jack route). Russ Andrews GQ-24 The only disadvantage over a dock is that the ipod does not charge whilst connected. The sound however is excellent.

Out of interest, what were the alternatives in Richer Sounds. Did they have any of your original suggestion?

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
None of the original choices were an optioin in richer sounds although i cant say im dissapointed, Im lovin how the denon and CA S30's sound together.

The other options were an onkyo unit similar to the denon i bought or the 'kef picforte dock' which was up for £100 but it's much in need of a sub or so i read on here. Thanks for the info on the ipod connection, will be lookin into that.

I managed to hear the bose and b&w before i bought anythin and im more than happy i ended up with what i did :)

idc

atkins4725:

I managed to hear the bose and b&w before i bought anythin and im more than happy i ended up with what i did :)

Ah, happiness, the true route to audio heaven. Now all you need is a mains conditioner........................

idc

I mean a mains conditioner such as The Silencer which I have used to good effect on different kit, or the conditioners built into mains extensions by companies such as Clearer Audio and Tacima. As for stands I would direct you to the What Hifi recommendations. Use blu tac to secure speaker to stand and spikes on carpet and a plynth on laminate floors to reduce vibration to a minimum. Happy listening!

TRENDING THREADS