Which combo is better to drive B&W PM1?

andy-liu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi all:

I need an urgent help regarding the choice of Amp combo.

Right now, i target two combos.

1) Audiolab 8200 CDQ + Audiolab 8200 P

2) Rotel RCD 1570+ Rotel RA 1570

Which one drives PM1 better??

Thanks

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Haven't someone already been through this with you in another thread? Or are you having buyers remorse now that you've ordered the Audiolabs.

As the Rotel is new, there's a good chance that nobody has heard that combination yet (unless one of the forum's friendly dealers can advise otherwise...)

andy-liu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi:

You are right, i have ordered the Audiolab combo, however, the order hasnt been shipped out, which means i can still alter it.

David, who is quite active on this forum, mentioned the Rotel combo to me, thats why i am not sure about Audiolab.

andy-liu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
yeah i know i need to listen to them, but my dealer asked me to pay 200 quid for a special order,and the money is non-refundable.

JacktheHead

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
andy-liu said:
yeah i know i need to listen to them, but my dealer asked me to pay 200 quid for a special order,and the money is non-refundable.

The "dealer" you mention doesnt sound particulary good to me. Paying the sort of money you are paying any decent dealer would have them ready to demo. If you were test driving a car you would expect to pay money to demo it.

Take the advise off everyone here and listen to a variety of combos with those great speakers and judge it for yourself. If your dealer isnt prepared to do that go somewhere else

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts