Question Best pairing with Yamaha RXV479 amp.

stonedr

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

I have a question on which direction to look for regarding speakers I can pair up with my amp, to get the best sound as possible.
My amp is a modest (5.1.) amp: Yamaha RX V479.

I know this is the HiFi section, however regarding "audio usage" I'm right between stereo and a home theather setup.

I had to give up a pair of sweet dutch floorstanders: Audiolab Cresto CD2.
I really loved the well balanced an open character of the sound. So i'm looking for something similar.
When I listen to music, l always use the "Direct"mode of the amp. So only the two fronts will be used. No subwoofer.

I actually mailed Audiolab themselves and they told me to look at Dynaudio.
However I would like to listen to a few more brands before I buy anything.

Demands:
1. They have to be bookshelve speakers
2. Max height 32 cm.
3. Has to be avaiable in non glossy white.
4. Distance from the speakers to my sweet spot will be 3-4 meters.
5. They will be placed on TV furniture. So I can't place them to far away from the wall.

Models already on my target list:
- B&W 607
- Dynaudio Emit M10

Budget: 700-800 euro's.

I'm also open for used pairs as well. Hell those Audiolabs where aprox. 15 years old.

You guys and girls have any advice?

D

Deleted member 160668

Must they be white? Really? That's gonna be massively restrictive!

There's some gems available on your budget which wouldn't be white.

My personal take is they could be painted with purple piss as long as they sound awesome...Not literally... but you get the point.

So is white a must?!

stonedr

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Must they be white? Really? That's gonna be massively restrictive!

There's some gems available on your budget which wouldn't be white.

My personal take is they could be painted with purple piss as long as they sound awesome...Not literally... but you get the point.

So is white a must?!

I hear you there brother. I'd color them with a box of crayons if it was up to me. Sound is all that matters to me.
Unfortonately, I also have to take the Wife Acceptancy Factor into account.

But for the fun of it, lets take away the restriction regarding color. I would like to know what these gems are.

The guy who I sold my Audiolabs to, recommended me a pair of older totems. So no, 2nd hand is no issue. I actually like the vintage suave looks older speakers have.

Fingers crossed I can convince the wife.

D

Deleted member 116933

Only ones I can think of in the finish you want would be amphion pretty small too. Maybe the brand neat aswell

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts