Which Amp? Budget £750

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="clearer_audio"]I would say that it is going to take at least one month of solid use to start hearing its true potential. Our CDX2 took 3 months to fully come on song and continued to improve over a year! If [/quote]

Whilst I think its nice for you to reply, what planet do you live on? A month, A YEAR for naim equipment to run in? Absolute bxxxxxx. If thats the case, why on earth would anybody pay for equipment that sounds wanting for the first one month or A YEAR? Get real, you have been creating a 'cult' product, that, while certainly not being bad in any way, is also not worth the money when you reach the lofty heights of your mid to high end models. Vastly overpriced for whats on offer and totally unjustifiable. How do I know? I've heard a lot of your stuff AND compared it with sane money products. Still, NAIM recordings produce some decent stuff.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="clearer_audio"]I would say that it is going to take at least one month of solid use to start hearing its true potential. Our CDX2 took 3 months to fully come on song and continued to improve over a year! [/quote]

May I add to my previous posting; NAIM reminds me in many ways of HOG gatherings (Harley Davidson Owner Groups). Members of which think of themselves as the elite of motorbike groups based on high prices of the bikes when bought new and the very high cost of upgrading/modifying/customizing the things. Please have a look at my previous posting in this particular thread re. running-in of electrical components. I would love to challenge you to a blind listening session of five NAIM spinners (or amps). 3 out of the box with a half hour warm up and the other two 'run/burnt-in' for three months! Are you up for it darren and willing to have the results printed in an industry mag (that is if we can find one willing to risk the wrath of NAIM)?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts