WHFSV Reviews

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
shep1968 said:
Andy Clough said:
Well I'm not going to cal anyone on here an idiot, but you're right, the magazine/website is a buying guide. Nothing beats auditioning from a shortlist of products before you buy, which is what we recommend.
I'm not a hifi guru like some of you are, i would even like to know the difference between powered and active, if someone can tell me what it is woithout starting a fight. I agree with Andy. I've used his recommendations from the magazine and from recommendations on here to build a shortlist of what i want to listen to. I dont have time for twenty demos, or to sift between a thousand combinations of speaker amp and cd player. Frm recommendation in WHF and from here i chose Naim, Audiolab and Roksan to listen to. Roksan imho is awful, or was with Kef LS50's, and the Naim was a better sound than the audiolab which was a shame as the audiolab had features that i would have liked. At the end of the day i went with speakers not mentioned by WHF but in my opinion sounded the best. I did the same with my first budget system and two TV's that i have purchased and have not regetted any of them so thanks to WHF for giving me recommendations.
Well thats fair enough.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts