WHF Team re: Samsung UE46C8000 review

A

Anonymous

BB thereïs an interesting article on another site that looks at several 3D sets and suggests that crosstalk is a real problem for most manufacturers, from which I infer 3D isn't really there yet.

notaclue

Oct 28, 2008
Visit site
I've got one of these TV's and I would say (and I am not alone in this) that 3D is no more than a gimic. Its good for a bit of a laugh or to impress your mates but in reality watching 3D for any length of time is no fun. Few reasons:

1. You need to be in a darkened room else the peripheral light creates a flicker in the corner of your eye that gives you a headache

2. The 3D gives you a headache anyway after extended viewing

3. 3D glasses are not comfortable and expensive

4. No good 3D films, although for the reasons above, even if there were good ones I wouldn't want to watch them

Good news is that once you work your way through the multiple settings this TV has a great 2D picture, solid Freeview and excellent in HD, for that I would highly reccomend it. Add to that it hangs on the wall like a picture and looks very good.

3D has a long way to go to make any real sense but then people said CD's would never take off, so you never know......

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
You're not wrong ... i'm waiting for 4D
emotion-14.gif
emotion-19.gif

A

Anonymous

i think its on a par with sonys edge led 3d sets , i had a good demo of both on saturday , aswell as the vt20 , the latter stood out for me (no pun intended) , the samsung glasses were the most comfortable , then sonys then the panas , the picture on both the lcds washed out a bit from off centre though , whereas the panas pic remained solid .

the detail and sharpness of the pana was also the best imo , the best ive ever seen on a hdtv , along with the kuro , well , from memory i didnt see them side by side . a friend that was with me also gave a thumbs up to the pana , of course all of the above was observed on tvs that were set to dynamic , yuk , but i did get to set the pana to thx , the blacks were very deep on it even under store lighting ..

i cant say i noticed any crosstalk on any of them really , although my friend thought he seen some on the sony , i didnt , but in the brightly lit shop that would possibly be harder to spot i guess , there was no couch to lie on
emotion-1.gif
, but theres no doubt in my mind that the pana gives the most flexibility as regards watching from differing angles , that was very clear , and has always been the way with plasma v lcd..

motion seemed good on all three too , but we felt the pana edged it again , i seen no flicker on either tv ..

so , the pana was both mine and my friends clear winner , although not being able to view them all side by side with the same source , and with all tvs set up correctly (neither of the more expensive and smaller lcds had thx mode.. sony 40in sammy 46in) it was impossible to be exact about what tv done what better , apart from the more obvious things mentioned above..

edit.. i forgot to mention that we also looked at the samsung 40c750 , only e1299 , it was not as good as the other lcds or the pana , but it was still quite good , as good as the similarly priced sony 40ex503 that we also seen , with 3d to boot , the salesman said they were selling very well too ..

notaclue

Oct 28, 2008
Visit site
I agree, for pure picture quality the Panna just shades it in all areas for me too, however there wasn't a lot in it. Reason I went for the Samsung was looks, ease of wall mounting and I often watch in a bright room and in that environment its slightly better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts