where is plastic penguin?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

SteveR750

drummerman said:
Folks just get obsessed with their hifi and forums. It happens to most at some stage but what goes up has to come down.

I do scratch my head about the stuff I read on here on occasions, from prolific box swappers to the self confessed 'snake oil fighters'.

Luckily I have other hobbies and a busy job. That plus the approaching spring/summer means I can indulge in another passion of mine, road cycling though I haven't really completely stopped over the winter (just using my spin bike more). With that I will soon loose most interest in hifi until the darker days arrive again.

Happy days

My passion too, hi fi is a pastime of amusement, and in reality playing an instrument is far more satisfying and absorbing. Riding a bike, against the clock, against others; now that's serious. It's not **** to mess about with....

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
tonky said:
Does it have an inbuilt mains conditioner and surge protection?

cheque please! tonky

No but it has a BT mains conditioner attached to it via a Nordost Vishnu.

And the speakers are attached to it via Kimber 8TC.

And the CDP is attached to it with a balanced Nordost Heimdall, which in turn is plugged into the BT mains block with a Nordost Shiva. Also attached to the digital in of the CDP is an Airport Express via a QED toslink/QED Pro/Atlas somethingorother which allows me to stream through the upgraded DAC from my computer.

And the cables were all bought second hand and not depreciating. Think of it as a fun savings scheme.

And all of it sits on a HiFi Racks Podium in cherrywood.

Sounds particularly nice.

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
JoelSim said:
tonky said:
Does it have an inbuilt mains conditioner and surge protection??

cheque please!     tonky

And the CDP is attached to it with a balanced Nordost Heimdall, which in turn is plugged into the BT mains block with a Nordost Shiva. Also attached to the digital in of the CDP is an Airport Express via a QED toslink/QED Pro/Atlas somethingorother which allows me to stream through the upgraded DAC from my computer.

And the cables were all bought second hand and not depreciating. Think of it as a fun savings scheme.

Why do nordost have Hindu gods name as their models name, Vishnu & Shiva?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
hybridauth_Facebook_664715932 said:
JoelSim said:
tonky said:
Does it have an inbuilt mains conditioner and surge protection?

cheque please! tonky

Why do nordost have Hindu gods name as their models name, Vishnu & Shiva?

The gods designed them I think and sprinkle them with the blood of sacrificial eunochs ahead of the production run.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
JoelSim said:
tonky said:
I should think not with that lot!

To be fair it has taken 25 years to upgrade to this.

Joel, meantime, whilst the anti-flat earthers pontificate like redundent priests, have you tried fromvineyardsdirect.com? The only way to buy French wine in the UK.

I'll have a look Steve. Wine makes music/hifi sound better than beer does :)

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
[/quote]

Joel, meantime, whilst the anti-flat earthers pontificate like redundent priests, have you tried fromvineyardsdirect.com? The only way to buy French wine in the UK.

[/quote]

Amen to that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts