where is plastic penguin?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Anderson said:
If someone flounces and there account is deleted, what happens to their name? I wouldn't mind being called plastic penguin so can I have his name?

Using the posessive pronoun 'their' (correctly) in the very same sentence as using the adverb 'there' (incorrectly), makes you worthy of taking up Plastic Penguin's mantle.

Now you need to adopt the habit of using the word 'brigade' to describe all the users of everything in hi-fi you've never tried (and therefore distrust and dislike). For-instance 'the active brigade', or 'the digital brigade'*, or the 'valve brigade' and so on.

Also mention your mother-in-law (actually 'ma-in-law') in every other post.

* Meaning those using DACs to stream digital files rather than CD users. He never did totally accept CD as being just another digital format and frequently ascribed analogue properties to it.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
chebby said:
Using the posessive pronoun 'their' (correctly) in the very same sentence as using the adverb 'there' (incorrectly), makes you worthy of taking up Plastic Penguin's mantle.

Now you need to adopt the habit of using the word 'brigade' to describe all the users of everything in hi-fi you've never tried (and therefore distrust and dislike). For-instance 'the active brigade', or 'the digital brigade'*, or the 'valve brigade' and so on.

* Meaning those using DACs to stream digital files rather than CD users. He never did totally accept CD as being just another digital format and frequently ascribed analogue properties to it.

May I add; generally just write a load of old twaddle which is factually unsound.

A

Anderson

chebby said:
Anderson said:
If someone flounces and there account is deleted, what happens to their name? I wouldn't mind being called plastic penguin so can I have his name?

QUACK QUACK

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
chebby said:
Anderson said:
Chebby you are pretty accurate there their

Chebby you are pretty acurate there their (just in case i got it wrong) if a little cruel! I liked PP yes he had his faults as we all have and he was his own worst enemy and somtimes indifensible. So PP if you are reading this, come on man up, learn a life lesson, stop it eating you up, come back with your beak held high. Dont enter into the rise, brush off the goading come back positive and brash and think before you post, I want you to listen to my speakers and have your opinion.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
iQ Speakers said:
chebby said:
Anderson said:

Chebby you are pretty acurate there their (just in case i got it wrong) if a little cruel! I liked PP yes he had his faults as we all have and he was his own worst enemy and somtimes indifensible. So PP if you are reading this, come on man up, learn a life lesson, stop it eating you up, come back with your beak held high. Dont enter into the rise, brush off the goading come back positive and brash and think before you post, I want you to listen to my speakers and have your opinion.

Perhaps having been away for a few weeks he now realises what a complete waste of time this place is? I envy him, wish I could keep away but got to fill the hours somehow.

D

Deleted member 2457

The_Lhc said:
iQ Speakers said:
chebby said:
Anderson said:

Perhaps having been away for a few weeks he now realises what a complete waste of time this place is? I envy him, wish I could keep away but got to fill the hours somehow.
Same here. *smile*

scene

gel said:
The_Lhc said:
iQ Speakers said:
chebby said:
Anderson said:

Same here. *smile*

Trouble is we're all audioholics, and this is Audioholics Anonymous...

"Hello, my name's Scene and I'm an Audioholic...."

A

Anderson

The_Lhc said:
iQ Speakers said:
chebby said:
Anderson said:

I used to own a fairly busy niche forum, had it for 5 years. It completely consumed me, I thought about selling it but in the end I transfered the domains and database to another forum owner I knew. Best decision I ever made.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Anderson said:
I used to own a fairly busy niche forum, had it for 5 years. It completely consumed me, I thought about selling it but in the end I transfered the domains and database to another forum owner I knew. Best decision I ever made.

Maybe you are walking down the same path with buying these floorstanders?

D

Deleted member 2457

scene said:
gel said:
The_Lhc said:
iQ Speakers said:
chebby said:
Anderson said:

Same here. *smile*

Trouble is we're all audioholics, and this is Audioholics Anonymous...

"Hello, my name's Scene and I'm an Audioholic...."
Very true, and we have to keep up to date with everything by coming here. *smile*

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Folks just get obsessed with their hifi and forums. It happens to most at some stage but what goes up has to come down.

I do scratch my head about the stuff I read on here on occasions, from prolific box swappers to the self confessed 'snake oil fighters'.

Luckily I have other hobbies and a busy job. That plus the approaching spring/summer means I can indulge in another passion of mine, road cycling though I haven't really completely stopped over the winter (just using my spin bike more). With that I will soon loose most interest in hifi until the darker days arrive again.

Happy days

A

Anderson

Vladimir said:
Anderson said:

Maybe you are walking down the same path with buying these floorstanders?

Maybe I could just transfer the money I have saved and you could make the purchase? If you give me the 16 numbers on your card, expiry date, security code and account name I'll get it to you right away.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Anderson said:
Maybe I could just transfer the money I have saved and you could make the purchase? If you give me the 16 numbers on your card, expiry date, security code and account name I'll get it to you right away.

You talking to me?

D

Deleted member 2457

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932 said:
Guys I know I have started this thread, but please give PP a break. May be a break all he needs.
Yep, it could just be a case of the dreaded forum fatigue. *smile*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts