Where are all the new Blu Ray players?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Although there is lots of press about significant wins for Blu Ray in the format war, we don't seem to have had any new players announced for some time - is there some event in Spring that the manufacturers are waiting for? It seems there are a couple of good players out there now but there must be something new from the likes of Denon and Pioneer in the wings that support the latest profiles, etc? Does anyone have any timescales for any new Denon or Pioneer Blu Ray players?

A

Anonymous

Well, now that the format war is almost over manufacturers don't need to rush out newer and better players or drop prices? Those things only happen in a competitive environment. also IMHO HD is only a tiny market and I bet companies are still wary of investing too much of their cash. Gorge.

A

Anonymous

The gap is because since the end of October(?) manufacturers have had to support Profile 1.1 on any new player produced, so new releases have been stalled and have only just been hitting the US stores in December.

The Profile 1.1 Panasonic DMP-BD30 is due in the UK in March with an expected price of around £300, expect more to follow during/after that timescale.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We've got the Panasonic BD30 in, and will be testing it alongside the latest Samsung and (I believe) Philips players in our special HD supplement, out March 6th. We'll also be doing a full timeline as to what's due when from all the major manufacturers.

A

Anonymous

I am sorry Clare thats not good enough!
emotion-2.gif

I have been planning this upgrade for about two years -and bought every edition of your mag -but have to purchase by the end of the month to get the Pioneer 5 yr warranty and to keep prices agreed for plasma, receiver and speakers with the well-known dealers (their sale prices) -so I need to know what player to get before your mag comes out!

A

Anonymous

The DMP-30 (1.1) will be available from avland very shortly i.e. Feb £299 the DMP-50 (2.0) available latter in the year priced apparently for £1000 but expect to pay around £800.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"] We've got the Panasonic BD30 in, and will be testing it alongside the latest Samsung and (I believe) Philips players in our special HD supplement, out March 6th. We'll also be doing a full timeline as to what's due when from all the major manufacturers.
[/quote]

Mine arrived last week. I have been pretty impressed with the Panasonic. DTS HD MA is fantastic.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
We've got the Panasonic BD30 in, and will be testing it alongside the latest Samsung and (I believe) Philips players in our special HD supplement, out March 6th. We'll also be doing a full timeline as to what's due when from all the major manufacturers.

[/quote]

I'll read that with great interest then, I've been waiting for the BD30 etc :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts