When is the best time to buy that new TV?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

lastcoyote

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
johnnymunro:

Lastcoyote

You beat me to the forum on this subject.

I asked Tony from TLC on your behalf this morning and he said that he would refund you the difference . So top show in the customer care department !!

thanks johnny.. yeah got the difference refunded. well pleased. that's spot on customer care isn't it.

i have to admit it did run through my mind to switch to the 500A
emotion-1.gif
but i'll be more than happy with the 5090. plus the extra i saved will go straight towards getting a blu-ray player and new hd av amp.

A

Anonymous

Yep

I have just done the same!

Got tempted by the 500A and a last minute deal on a Sony 46Z4500 but have ordered a 5090

We must speak when it comes to setting up!

Cheers

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Glad you all sorted it out with TLC.

There are rumours prices will be back up near previous levels next week. Anyone interested may well be advised to order now but its unconfirmed as yet. This makes especially sense when seeing that most other authorized pioneer dealers sell way above TLC's prices and either can't or don't want to follow suit.

regards

A

Anonymous

with all technology basically ther eis always something newer, better etc, so as soon as it goes on the shelf it's kinda out of date. so as mentioned when you can afford it.

what i will say i have an in-side mole at a currys, and as far as i can make out all stores are having a 'Door Busters' deliveries which is specfically limted quantites of white goods and big screen tv's at very good prices, for the boxing day sales. now they have brought the delivery forward a week, so might even start before boxing day. the store i know about is having over 50 big screen tv's delivered. this delivery is on top of the normall store deliveries, so there might be some major bargins to be had.

expectation is high,

A

Anonymous

Totally agree

Just thought that I would throw a spanner in the works by hitting Richer with their price beater policy who told me that they had the item in stock before I told them about the TLC deal

Well after they found the TLC price to be correct they rang me back and said yes it was a top deal

it seems Pio have not given the same price promo to Richer from what I was told

So complete surprise here....(not) they were unable to price beat because their stock was now sold ...or so I was told

more like the price was less than they paid for their stock and they were unwilling to deal

It must be really tough out there for all retailers ...but as the saying goes.. it's our turn to make hay whilst our sun shines in these difficult trading times

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts