When is the best time to buy a new TV?

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
That's very interesting, I suppose the next problem is finding out when a TV was released, although I've been faffing around so much that I don't think I'm actually going to buy a new one any time soon.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
jjbomber said:
After the World Cup is my guess. Demand won't be much after that.

^^^ This. I already know of three people about to spend four figures on new huge TVs just so they can watch England get obliterated embarrasingly in its official national game. Again.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
jjbomber said:
bigboss said:
Regardless of when it launches, eight months tends to be the sweet spot.

Read more: https://www.which.co.uk/news/2018/04/whens-the-best-time-to-buy-a-new-tv/ - Which?

After the World Cup is my guess. Demand won't be much after that. 
That makes sense. Here it's right after the Superbowl. They're clearing out old stock ready for the new models to start arriving in the Spring.

Worst time is the run-up to any major sporting event or seasonal festivity.

And avoid Black Friday. That's the WORST time. Retailers use it to clear out all the scrap they haven't been able to shift the rest of the year.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
Easy. Google "(TV's model number) release date".
Your Google must work better than mine bb, or you're more patient than me? I can't be bothered to sift through a million results on the off chance the info I'm after might be there *wink*

Diamond Joe said:
bigboss said:
 Easy. Google "(TV's model number) release date".
Your Google must work better than mine bb, or you're more patient than me? I can't be bothered to sift through a million results on the off chance the info I'm after might be there *wink*
If you put in the right search words, you'll usually find the answer within the top 3 links! ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts