When are the AVI ADM40s coming and how much will they be ?

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
ooh.. said:
I never said people were fooled into buying Naim products, and I don't ever recall slagging off Naim on here, not once, show me just one example from any other day bar today? You're making things up, David.

And the thread you said I took over, that was not your thread, I and others recommended active studio monitors to the OP, Clare backed up my suggestion, and he demoed some, and liked them, and bought them, just like your Naim customers do, was that OK with you or were you just annoyed he didn't buy the Kefs that you sell?

You brought up Naim this evening, David, you, not me. And you keep getting involved in AVI threads, to spoil them, and everybody can see that.

But I'll give you your due, you sucked me in big time tonight, you laid the trap and I snared myself, but you haven't managed to hide your motives, David, this argument has nothing to do with anybody's views of Naim, it's all about and has eminated from your dislike of AVI and their owners.

This is my final post here tonight. There have been no "traps".

Once again Max, you just make **** up. You only need to look in the hate hi-fi thread to see what you posted. And yes, you mentioned Naim earlier in the evening - the times are there for all to see.

I never said the thread you spoilt was mine. I don't have any threads - I generally don't start threads because I'm representing a retailer, and that's seen as spamming. It didn't matter to me what the OP bought. Whether or not anyone buys what I've recommended matters not to me. What matters, is that people go out there and at least try a few alternative products for themselves, and that they choose what they like the sound of. Or at least go and listen to it first.

I've asked a few questions on AVI threads yes, but it's questions that I'm curious to know the answers to. If its so obvious that I spoil AVI threads, everyone will blatantly see that and know without you making a big thing out of it. But if I ask a question, or make a point, you come along and make a big thing a out it, arguing, and posting post after post things like this where you make stuff up trying to discredit the other person - you should run for Parliament.

This argument sprung up directly in connection with you slagging off Naim, no other reason. I can't say I dislike AVI products because I've never heard any. At least I can admit that. How many Naim products have you genuinely heard? No need to answer that really as you've dodged it once tonight already.

A

Anonymous

David, this argument sprung up when you accused AVI owners of slagging off Naim, saying they did so because of what their forum administrater said. my saying i wouldnt buy Naim, on a thread that asked what peoples hifi dislikes were, is my business, several others also said they dont rate the company, are you going to systematically attack them too? and why did you not voice your anger at my choice of hifi dislikes on the thread that i posted them on? why did you choose an AVI thread to do so?

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
jcbrum said:
I didn't like the 'One for All' design of remote control, which AVI used some time ago, but it was low cost and readily replaceable.

The revised, specially designed and manufactured, unit that was introduced with the Neutron five system, is very good and is now supplied as standard with all AVI equipment.

It costs about £40, and is available as a spare part, so it doesn't hurt to buy two to start with, in case one gets lost, or chewed by the dog.

It uses standard codes, so actually, you can use a third party remote if you wish.

JC

Remote_Control.jpg

Cool. Good to know that the Neutron 5 remote is the new type. I'm seriously considering getting a Neutron 5 setup (and maybe later on if I really like the Neutron, I'll get the ADM 40). Strangely enough I find the ADM9T to be the least appealing of AVI's product, despite it clearly being the most popular one.

Phileas

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I use a Logitch Harmony remote. It works fine, except that I had a rather scary "runaway volume" event the other day, which apparently is a known bug with Harmony remotes, so I'm going to have to be careful.

Trying to get the thread back on topic, I'm still being amazed by these speakers. They are so clear and dynamic, and "realistic". I keep searching out vocal music (classical) just to wallow in the sound of voices on them. But everything sounds fantastic frankly.

(All this talk of differences between DACs just seems absurd in comparison)

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Re. The remote.

The only time I've picked it up was when set the speakers up.

I only use one source at the mo and control the volume through the Sonos app.

Re. The whole Naim thing. Never heard Naim so would never slag them off. Always fancied a Uniti though but with 150W (?)

Also. I've been on the HDD Forum for just over a week and haven't seen a single negative post about any other manufacturer. Or am I not looking hard enough.

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
Phileas said:
I use a Logitch Harmony remote. It works fine, except that I had a rather scary "runaway volume" event the other day, which apparently is a known bug with Harmony remotes, so I'm going to have to be careful

Hi Philieas - I had this issue on a Harmony 1000. I contacted Logitech support and they supplied me with a complmentary Harmony 1100 to replace it, even though it was out of waranty. Worth a call if you haven't contacted them already.....

daveh75

richardw42 said:
I've been on the HDD Forum for just over a week and haven't seen a single negative post about any other manufacturer. Or am I not looking hard enough.

Not looking hard enough, try searching for PRaT, shake the snaic, audiopool and audiophoolery etc....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts