Question What's your next HiFi purchase?

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

aversaurus

Ive just bought some whalfdale linton heritage speakers been after them for a while . waiting for a price drop or the second hand market to pick up .
But got tired of waiting so the getting delivered tomorrow yay

gellert

Sep 24, 2021
Visit site
I have just ordered a pair of Klipsch RP 280F speakers. I have not even heard them yet. I bought them online at a very good price Black Friday and is still waiting for them to arrive :)

gellert

Sep 24, 2021
Visit site
I have just ordered a pair of Klipsch RP 280F speakers. I have not even heard them yet. I bought them online at a very good price Black Friday and is still waiting for them to arrive :)
The new speakers arrived Friday... I must say i am amazed...very long time since i have heard better speakers :)

Reactions: aversaurus
D

Deleted member 160668

Still on the prowl for some new speakers. My end-game upgrade will be in the new year.

In the meantime I've picked up an Arcam D33 DAC as it was a fantastic price I cannot possibly lose any money on and I was curious how it sounds. Very good is the answer, I'm pretty impressed by it.

john13

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I think I might get a new amplifier, not yet though. Now I would seriously consider another Roksan, but if I really demoed some gear within my budget I might go with something else.
what i would say if you love roksan & i guess you do stick with what you know or maybe give quad or musical fidelity, know what's pretty impressive the amps by moon, they're pretty neat with their sound

Friesiansam

Some time ago I was getting the upgrade-itis itch, thinking of which headphones to try and maybe adding a standalone head amp, using my Pathos as a DAC and pre-amp. Thought about the Feliks Audio Euforia to do that with.

More recently, it has dawned on me that I really don't need anything better, my Pathos Converto is a damn good DAC and head amp and my headphones are great too. Both deliver the music I most often listen too, in exactly the way I want to hear it. No need for an upgrade...

But, should Focal introduce a new closed-back headphone, using the driver from the Clear Mg, I just might need to start saving again. Stellias cost tooo much.

Upgrade-itis has a habit of returning!

Dom

what i would say if you love roksan & i guess you do stick with what you know or maybe give quad or musical fidelity, know what's pretty impressive the amps by moon, they're pretty neat with their sound
Thanks for the recomendation, I respect Moon. In the end I got an Roksan Capsian M2 amp 2nd kind of cheap, its great, some teething troubles but happy with it now. You could say I'm over the moon. :)

gasolin

2021-12-09 14_52_19-Q. Which cables should I use with my Q Acoustics loudspeakers_ – Google Ch...png

I got the silver anniversary xt for 3.34 pounds or 3.9 euros a meter, at futureshop it costs 6.5 pounds and another place in Denmark it's over 10 euros or just above 9 pounds.

I think they made a mistake but i managed to get some before i told them what the cable normally goes for

I think i made a good deal if they ship it to me for the price i payed :ROFLMAO:

suburbansky

Mar 15, 2022
Visit site
Hi, I've been thinking a lot about upgrading my system recently... First, I was to go for an integrated amp/streamer (eyes on either NAD M10(V2), or rather the cheaper C700). However, I've gradually shifted to the idea of a purely analogue setting with an external streamer/DAC (Bluesound Node). Good idea or not?

For analogue-ish amps I've laid my eyes on either the Marantz PM6007 or the Rega Brio - they're not quite in the same price bracket but both have rave reviews.... So my question would really be whether the Rega is worth the extra buck, in your opinion?

Thanks for any of your thoughts!

Hi, I've been thinking a lot about upgrading my system recently... First, I was to go for an integrated amp/streamer (eyes on either NAD M10(V2), or rather the cheaper C700). However, I've gradually shifted to the idea of a purely analogue setting with an external streamer/DAC (Bluesound Node). Good idea or not?

For analogue-ish amps I've laid my eyes on either the Marantz PM6007 or the Rega Brio - they're not quite in the same price bracket but both have rave reviews.... So my question would really be whether the Rega is worth the extra buck, in your opinion?

Thanks for any of your thoughts!
It's probably worth starting a thread of your own for maximum visibility. Welcome, btw.

Reactions: suburbansky

Peter227

Jul 25, 2020
Visit site
Hi,
I just got (yesterday) my new Quad Artera Pre.
Now, my stereo system looks like that:

CD Player (transport) – Yamaha CD-S700
QED Digital (Coaxial) Cable
DAC/Streamer – Cambridge Audio CXNv2
XLR Cable Benchmark
Pre Amp – Quad Artera Pre
XLR Cable QED
Power Amp – Anthem MCA 225
Speakers: Triangle Borea BR09

Next: Martin Logan speakers

Mlyd

May 19, 2022
Visit site
Currently looking into the Danish brand Lemus, specifically their Lemus HOME Classic 1500 model.
Seems like they are able to send worldwide on request.
Wi-Fi unit with Chromecast seems like a unit that can work multiroom with most other Chromecast compatible units.
Any thoughts on a Lemus unit?

Dom

The Nagra HD DAC I purchased developed a fault . Too much hassle to fix and so I have on a whim returned it and put an order on a dCS Bartok DAC and dCS Rossini clock.
I'm sorry your DAC got a fault. I was wondering if you have heard the dCS DAC and clock before buying, I know it's gonna be good, just somtimes you have to audition to know if your going to like it.

MrSinghsStereo

Feb 22, 2022
Visit site
I'm sorry your DAC got a fault. I was wondering if you have heard the dCS DAC and clock before buying, I know it's gonna be good, just somtimes you have to audition to know if your going to like it.
Hi, the Nagra was special - the way it presented voices , piano notes and just the general flow of music was exceptional although the sound stage was slightly narrower . I heard the Bartok previously although not in my system . However a friend who has the meridian 818 ( essentially my 808 minus the cd transport ) had a Bartok and I trust his judgment . I hadn’t heard the clock prior to buying it but I consider it a risk free purchase as they can always be sold on at no loss . I will report on the sound in due course

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts