Whats your favourite hi-fi brand at the minute?

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm loving Rega myself. I have the Brio -R stero amp and a pair of RS3 floorstand speakers by Rega which I have had for about 6 months now and I'm loving every minute of them. Rega are definitely at the top of there game right now.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Mine favourite brand is marantz and Dali I think both are very good quality and good hi fi . But the best thing I got this year are my speakers the Dali opticon 6 floor standing speakers they are amazing speakers and just wished that people would try them out when they go for there next demo as all I see on here a lot are b&ws speakers that people are getting and the same with arcam a19 that's nothing special about it it's over priced for what it is and there are much better amps out there then that amp I am sure dealers get paid by arcam and b&w to sell there stuff I am not saying that there stuff is rubbish arcam have made some really good amps in the past anyway moan over just that there is so much choice out there just do not stick to what the dealer likes or someone else it's what you like that matters what sounds good to your ears

matthewpiano

If I can only pick one, it would be the same as it has always been - NAD. I've yet to hear anything made by NAD that isn't unerringly musical and involving.

If allowed a few choices in addition to NAD it would be easy - Q Acoustics, Dali, Dynaudio, Sugden, Exposure, and Creek.

record_spot

Acoustic Energy for their sublime AE22 Actives, my best ever hifi purchase bar none.

SM Pro Audio for their M2 Passive Pre-amp. Terrific little box that lets me run both my AV and TV or just a simple setup with either my Chromecast Audio or AVI Lab Series as sources. Delighted.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
After the rebuild/upgrade I've fallen in love with my Cyrus II+PSX kit again. I owned this duo before but sold it because I needed the money and besides it didn't really suite my tastes and speakers at the time. But with the circuitry mods this C2 sounds better. Even found myself looking for a clean PCM II to complete the setup (I already have the mkII tuner). Then, other than needing a pair of Mission Argonauts to complete the retro Mission/Cyrus system, I'll be able to party like it's 1989 all over again *music2*

MeanandGreen

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
If I can only pick one, it would be the same as it has always been - NAD. I've yet to hear anything made by NAD that isn't unerringly musical and involving.

If allowed a few choices in addition to NAD it would be easy - Q Acoustics, Dali, Dynaudio, Sugden, Exposure, and Creek.

Totally agree with you and NAD would be my choice too. I think Pioneer would be a close second for me.

George Hincapie

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
MrReaper182 said:
I'm loving Rega myself. I have the Brio -R stero amp and a pair of RS3 floorstand speakers by Rega which I have had for about 6 months now and I'm loving every minute of them. Rega are definitely at the top of there game right now.

Out of curiosity, which amp did you own prior to the Brio and what do you percieve the Brio does that's so much better?

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Tricky one! Apart from the obvious I think Q Acoustics are producing some excellent budget products which must be good for the hobby as more people get exposed to quaulity and then want to upgrade.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
MrReaper182 said:
I'm loving Rega myself. I have the Brio -R stero amp and a pair of RS3 floorstand speakers by Rega which I have had for about 6 months now and I'm loving every minute of them. Rega are definitely at the top of there game right now. 

Having never heard the current rega kit i must say that the brand does appeal to me. Must be the way they market it as ive no idea how it sounds. Just like the whole lot.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
If I can only pick one, it would be the same as it has always been - NAD.  I've yet to hear anything made by NAD that isn't unerringly musical and involving.

Must agree having owed loads of nad kit.
When i lived in s a, nad was the most expensive but they only sold your typical yamaha etc so i really did think they were the best money could buy. Its only when i moved over here that i realized a whole other level of price etc.

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
I've always loved Revel speakers. I'm waiting for the Concerta F36 to be released:

RevelConcertaF36_Black-2.jpg

james_LR90

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
It has to be NVA for me. I am constantly stunned by how good my system sounds. I just cannot understand why such amazing kit isn't talked about on here. I just don't understand it!

philpot1001

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Bought the CD6005 last year and PM8005 recently. Very happy with the CD player, yet to assess the amp properly...however from what ive heard so far im very happy with that too.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I love the brands in my sistem, Rega/Dynaudio/Pathos/Clearaudio they are European brands and made in Europe. And I like that for several reasons!

I also like B&W, Dynavetor, Exposer, Audio Research, Totem, KEF, Shahinian, Sonus Faber, Unison Research, Burmester, Sonneteer, Plinius, T + A, VTL, Well Tempered Lab, Esoteric, Pass labs, Raidho...

George Hincapie

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
james_LR90 said:
It has to be NVA for me. I am constantly stunned by how good my system sounds. I just cannot understand why such amazing kit isn't talked about on here. I just don't understand it!

James, how does the NVA passive pre and mono combination compare to previous components? The 30 day free trial is incredibly generous and I am sorely tempted to try the same components you have just to discover how it compares to what I have now.

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
james_LR90 said:

Hi James. Never heard of the brand. Could you give us some background, listening impressions, etc? Always interested in a new flavour...

Having said that, I'm going for Magnepan here! Can't wait to build my new system...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts