whats the best sound inputs outputs individual phono or optical

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Thinking of getting a blu ray player to replace my now ancient Pioneer DV-565 DVD player and hook it up my trusty Denon AVR 1604 reciever and wanted some advice on which way to go.

My old Pioneer has individual phono inputs at the back to connect me Dennon AV amp too and because I like the sound I get with this current set up I wanted to stick with this but am I continuing to flog a dying horse as nearly all manufatureres have ditched the individual for HDMI which my Denon doesn't have so just what is the best input for sound ?

My old kit is Denon avr - 1604 which I would like to keep sentimental value not tight if thats what your thinking,

let me know what do the audiophiles think for best sound output.

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
To get HD sound from a blu-ray player you will need an amp with hdmi connections.

To get the best out of your current amp (DD5.1) connect via optical or coaxial.

Personally I would say its time to upgrade. I couldnt imagine not having hdmi ports...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
AnotherJoe said:
To get HD sound from a blu-ray player you will need an amp with hdmi connections.

To get the best out of your current amp (DD5.1) connect via optical or coaxial.

Personally I would say its time to upgrade. I couldnt imagine not having hdmi ports...

Err, if he gets a bdp with full phono outputs he can get hd audio by getting the bdp to decode the hd soundtrack and sending it down the phonos to the amp. This is what I do for my old non-hdmi amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts