whats the best advice on remotes for my setup?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
im looking to replace all my remotes for 1 that does the lot. £250 is my budget. i have panasonic th-pz700, onkyo 605, sky hd, ps3 for blu rays and a wii. wots out there for my sort of budget. im leaning towards the harmony 1000 but seems to have a history of freezing and locking up ..so im open to suggestions

looics

A

Anonymous

The Onkyo remote is able to be set to control most things. I don't see the need to buy another remote, personally, as I have just set my 606 one to work my TV / V+ box / Ipod dock.
Just look up the codes online, or in the supplied manual, and you can virtually use the Onkyo one for all your needs.

A

Anonymous

so i may be tempted to go for this one which leaves over more ££££ for blu rays but another question is... if i need the plug in to go blue tooth for the ps3 , will this same plug in allow wii compatability with the remote then as wii requires bluetooth for control as well (i thinks)?

looics

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Not a clue on the Wii I'm afraid as never used one. However, I doubt the same USB / IR remote controller for the PS3 will work for the Wii - just from past experience, it seems unlikely that a solution for one format would work on a competing one.

A

Anonymous

professorhat

Will the 555 operate a sky box? i've used a universal remote before but none of them seem to be able to use all of the sky controllers features, hope the answer is yes.

thanks

Alan

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
My friend has a 555 and a Sky HD box and it works a treat for him.

Also, with the learning function, you can program in any infra-red remote, even if Logitech don't have it setup in their database. It just takes a bit longer!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts