What was your best bargain in hi-fi?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
:) He is still a very good friend! He bought ex-demo and used for 4 years so presumed that PV1 would have depreciated that much. Also, he is not into eBay or upgraditis and was having space shortage, so I got lucky! True British Gentleman.. Some times I sell stuff for him through my eBay login (I would say two times in the past 5 years). When I expressed my desire to upgrade the PV1 to PV1D, he showed his interest in buying it back off me at his sell price. Though my upgrade deal is with a dealer upgrade who take the old one and gives me a new one where in I pay the difference.

It seems there is a shortage of PV1D in white so the subwoofer upgrade went on to the back burner and focussing on speakers!

chasefrench

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Second Hand Plinius 9200 for 1100 GBP

2x 3.5M Madison Audio Lab E3 Extreme 1 Speaker Cable for 300 GBP Brand New

Buying through forums, ebay is a great way to go

A

Anonymous

Meridian 2 box 207 CD for £125, lasted for years and the best cd player I've ever had. Recently some Signature DC6t's direct from Tannoy £500.

idc

Best second hand purchase was some AKG K280 Parabolics for £20 off eBay.

Best new purchases have been a FiiO E5 amp for £18 and Spotify. Both are superb value and still available :)

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
AlmaataKZ said:
I use a free black RCA cable (that came with smth else) to connect my sub.

Aha.

That reminds me of one of my "bargains"

I have one half of an unused Gotham interconnect in use as a digital interconnect. Works perfectly. :)

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Marantz 6025 tt with 2 ortofone 2m's in brand new condition for £13 delivered, Technics Sl-q210 for £60 (bargain considering I bought it from a country where you don't really get turntables)

Farmitou

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Got a vintage 1950's NOS 300b tube from fleabay. The description was wrong so got it for under £50, it worth well over a grand and a half!

mickeyjoef

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
Marantz CD63 KI Sig for £49.00 from Cash Convertors

Toshiba HD EX1 HD-DVD player £39.95 Cash Concertors. (I know it's a dead format, but I picked up a pile of discs dirt cheap when everyone was offloading their discs, so It's my gain, their loss!)

Technics SL1210-II for nothing from freecycle

Linn LP12/Ittock for free about 12 years ago from a neighbour who just said take it! He was moving over to CD as he had arthritis and could not place records on the platter anymore. He refused any payment.

TRENDING THREADS