What was better?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I had a a60 and agree it's much better than the nad but one of the best bargains around at the moment must be the Arcam delta60 one has just gone for £20 on ebay. I replaced my a60 with the delta 60 which I though was much better and is very underrated.

A

Anonymous

tonky:
I remember taking it round to a mates house (many years ago) and swapped it round his jap amp and wharfedale E50s. The difference was more than night and day. Chalk and cheese etc.

Well that's exactly what this set-up will end up being, I'm pretty sure!

Igglebert: Do you think a 405 would be better than my A32? I'd be interesting in buying one anyway, just to see what it's like and sell it on with little loss if I don't like it...

A

Anonymous

Hughes123:Igglebert: Do you think a 405 would be better than my A32? I'd be interesting in buying one anyway, just to see what it's like and sell it on with little loss if I don't like it...
Well, for starters you need a good preamp to couple with the 405. I think the standard 405 is likely to be no match for the A32. Upgraded I've heard that the Quad can compete with other power amps under £2k. Who knows. Buy one as a project and you can always use it for a 2nd system.

T

the record spot

cooky:I had a a60 and agree it's much better than the nad but one of the best bargains around at the moment must be the Arcam delta60 one has just gone for £20 on ebay. I replaced my a60 with the delta 60 which I though was much better and is very underrated.

Damn right; the Delta range was Arcam's DIVA of the early 1990s. It was the next step up from the Alpha series. I've seen a lot of that kit on Ebay of late and if some of it's going for £20, it puts the £50 for my recent Technics amp acquisition right in the shade. Top bargain!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts