What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 91 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

84841.jpg

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
The Visitors - Abba

Stimmung - Stockhausen

Holding Onto Black Metal - MMJ

Another evening of identical sounding music.

Now my wife is demanding Face To Face by The Kinks. So, I suppose I'll give in. After I've blasted a slice of The Fall's version of Ray Davies' Victoria.

Martinblueboy

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Storm Corrosion - Storm Corrosion.

A meeting of Steve Wilson of Porcupine Tree and Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth. Not really what I was expecting it has to be said. But I really like the album and it's superbly recorded.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
The last few days have included these:

Bruch Violin Concerto - played by Yehudi Menuhin/LSO

Neu box set selections.

The Visitors - Abba

Face To Face - The Kinks

Stop Making Sense - Talking Heads

Zen Arcade - Husker Du

Metamorphosen - Strauss/Kempe

A

Anonymous

Timefadesaway.jpeg

Time Fades Away - just picked up this VG++ original pressing this w/e, and it sounds mighty fine!

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Neil Young (yeah!) - after all he's said about sound quality in the past 6 months, I've pre-ordered his (+Crazy Horse) new album "Americana" which comes out in June - I'm expecting very high quality vinyl!!!

A

Anonymous

AC/DC - High Voltage, Highway to Hell and If You Want Blood

Shelly Manne - My Fair Lady

Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms

Queen - The Works, Hot Space and Live Magic

Chris Rea - Road to Hell

Meat Loaf - Bat out of Hell

A

Anonymous

Journey_through_the_past.jpg

One for the Completists out there. Redeemming features are an interesting Gatefold Sleeve that fans out and a great version of "Ohio".

-NK-

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Neon K said:
Journey_through_the_past.jpg

One for the Completists out there. Redeemming features are an interesting Gatefold Sleeve that fans out and a great version of "Ohio".

-NK-

I've got that on Blu-ray as part of the Archives box set from two years ago. Terrible film mostly, occasionally enlivened by bits of live footage but mostly stoned ramblings passed off as insights.

Would like the vinyl version, as you say, for completist purposes. I've got 40 plus Neil titles on vinyl, with Journey Through The Past and the Dead Man soundtracks being notable vinyl gaps. Oh, and Are You Passionate & Sleeps With Angels. Sorry, I'm rambling now.

A

Anonymous

I just received a copy of Abbey Road MFSL for my 30th and, my god, does it sound good! This is what vinyl was born for! :)

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
I've being going digital for the last week (new Neil Young, Dexys, The Beach Boys and Mark-Anthony Turnage), but it's back to vinyl today. A friend has lent me a stash of Grateful Dead vinyl, so I'm wading my way through some of the following delights:

Workingman's Dead

Live '72

"Skeleton & Roses" Live album.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Getting drunk (it's half-term, the house renovation is creating chaos and I'm enjoying the evening vinyl session), listening to Chris Isaak's Beyond The Sun. A lovely leaving gift from my Y11 students. Bless 'em.

Also:

Something Else - The Kinks

Dixie Chicken - Little Feat

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts