What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 93 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

8673sharp

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Beth-Jeans-Houghton-The-Hooves-of-Destiny-Yours-Truly-Cellophane-Nose.jpg

Beth Jeans Houghton and the hooves of destiny.

You'll either love it or hate it(not to the same levels as Mumford and Sons though!), she has a distinctive voice that I love.

I dont like to go down the route of "they sound like X crossed with Y"... buuut she does sound reminiscent of Vashti Bunyan, but her voice is louder in the mix than I hear with Vashti's Look Aftering album. Thats where the similarities end for me.

Also, I think "yours truly cellophane nose" is the coolest album name in a long time.

geordie777

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Enjoying a nice relaxing Sunday morning listening to

Cat Power - You Are Free

Paul McCartney - McCartney II

Amy Winehouse - Back To Black

Neil Young - Harvest.

iMark

We listented to a couple of classical records I inherited from my parents.

Best one today were harpsichord concertos by Haydn and J.C. Bach, performed by George Malcolm and the Academy of St. Martin in the Fiels on Decca. Great sound (and playing) for a record my father bought in 1969.

I can recommend to anyone who inherits good records to buy a decent record player and simply start listening to them. It also brings back great memories. For me they are the Saturday morning trips with my father to the classical music shop and listening to new records in a booth. He certainly would have approved of my new record player.
smiley-smile.gif

geordie777

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Tonight whilst enjoying a glass of 18 yr old Glenfiddich I have listened to :-

Lulu - Lou Reed & Metallica

Black Market Clash - The Clash

You Are Free -'Cat Power

That bad Eartha - Eartha Kitt

Carryin on with - johnny Cash and June Carter

Bit of a mix but all good stuff :p

iMark

I have just listened to one of my dad's records. He bought it in 1968. Mozart's Divertimenti for strings and the Serenata Notturna, played by the Acadamy of St Martin-in-the-Fiels, conducted by Neville Marriner. It's Argo ZRG 554. I don't think I know any recording of a string orchestra that sounds better than this one. Absolute classic British recording engineering. If you ever come across it, buy it immediately.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Dexys "One Day I'm Going to Soar"

Mrs C wanted to go to garden centre to buy a pot, but the wine was open, the dinner was in the oven and the valve phono amp was nicely warmed up. Sorry but there was no choice. ( I expect I'll be saying sorry a few times today).

AmigaNut

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
It is actually a good album, considering all the press and banning that was done in the day.

I revisited it last year on my Metal Cassette recording I still own (remember Metal tapes, expensive but good and rare as Dodo doodoo and mega money these days too).

Am looking forward to Mr Blue Sky on Monday and then on to Ultravox Brilliant and the War of the Worlds the New Gen all on vinyl, when they release in the comming weeks.

AmigaNut

AmigaNut

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
AmigaNut said:
It is actually a good album, considering all the press and banning that was done in the day.

I revisited it last year on my Metal Cassette recording I still own (remember Metal tapes, expensive but good and rare as Dodo doodoo and mega money these days too).

Am looking forward to Mr Blue Sky on Monday and then on to Ultravox Brilliant and the War of the Worlds the New Gen all on vinyl, when they release in the comming weeks.

The above comment was regarding the Frankie Goes to Hollywood post above, can't edit and the quote must have gone haywire.

AmigaNut

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts