What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Having a complete change of tack this afternoon whilst working in the front room. I thought I might dig out some of my wife's LP's from the 80's and started with this one. No mistaking the 80's production but her voice is rather good. One of the few concerts both me and the wife have attended together over the years, she could certainly belt out a tune...

41Q0ES82WNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
DIB:
Having a complete change of tack this afternoon whilst working in the front room. I thought I might dig out some of my wife's LP's from the 80's and started with this one. No mistaking the 80's production but her voice is rather good. One of the few concerts both me and the wife have attended together over the years, she could certainly belt out a tune...

I bought that a couple of weeks ago. She sounds great on it.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
You know certain records remind you of certain times of your life, well this one takes me back to a camping holiday in the south of France in 1979. At night the bar/disco on the campsite played the usual disco fare that was about at the time, but during the day the barman/DJ constantly played this much to me and my mates delight. Happy days...

51Jze0m-DWL._SS400_.jpg

mickeyjoef

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
Great choices, Mr Droid. Both excellent albums.

I'm currently working my way through the LPs I bought at the Manchester show today.

Now on The Black Crowes "The Southern Harmony & Musical Companion".

Still have one Byrds album, and three Doors LPs to play.

Mike

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
DIB:Ravey Gravey Davy:

http://mp3poty.com/albums/big/204/101549.jpg

Great minds think alike! I've just put on this classic..

41PBuP%2BTaOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Air guitars at the ready...

Unfortunately never got to buy that one in the 70's(yes mine is the original) but I have just found out there is a 3 CD compilation which came out in July this year of Robin Trower -The Chrysalis years 73-76 .I may well be tempted

Edit There is something wrong with the link insert- not playing ball.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?sku=739340

Double edit- that's not working either.

Anybody dragged JD out of Bushy Park other than the Police.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
floyd droid:Strictly speaking the above post is a lie. I span it before posting the piccy. Maybe a little edit to the thread title Mr Lost Angeles?
emotion-2.gif

What vinyl are you listening to/listened to or going to listen to it does not really matter as long as people are posting and the response seems to be going well.
Nice to see Bridge of Sighs being played.

I have played my latest purchases

51KKURPO4dL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
51fFH0Cl9eL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51QMdgI5ivL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The U2 cost me a quid and there is a fair bit of surface noise in between the tracks on side one and tracks 4 and 5 on side two are very crackly so I might only play side one in future. The Pat Benatar was a quid as well and sounds excellent, well worth the gamble.
Marillion I had on CD but the vinyl certainly sounds very different, the vocals seem quieter and the drumming seems more spacious perhaps the TT just organises everything better. I certainly found it a different listen.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Home early from work, all the family out doing one thing or another, so taking advantage and cranked up the volume a wee bit
emotion-5.gif

314kFYzBSqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

£4 from a car boot a few weeks ago, in excellent condition too. Currently listening to disc two (Fly By Night).

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I bought a haul of vinyl at the Manchester show this weekend, but have had hardly anytime since to listen to it.

But so far, I did play this, and it's bloomin' marvellous:

54.jpg

Superb lounge singer with a simple but striking production (hey, it's from 1958) that puts her voice front and centre - that real 'she's in the room' feel. Whole thing sounds like the soundtrack to an early Mad Men episode
emotion-2.gif

mickeyjoef

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
This afternoons listening has been The Doors "L.A Woman", and The Byrds "Mr. Tambourine Man" mono LP.

Bought from the excellent Diverse Vinyl stall on Sunday.

(now listening to "Bob Dylan in Mono", on CD, if I am allowed to mention the C words here!)

Mike

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
mickeyjoef:
This afternoons listening has been The Doors "L.A Woman", and The Byrds "Mr. Tambourine Man" mono LP.

Bought from the excellent Diverse Vinyl stall on Sunday.

(now listening to "Bob Dylan in Mono", on CD, if I am allowed to mention the C words here!)

Mike

I know, I could have spent a fortune there on Sunday myself but had to rein myself in as I'd just laid out a few quid on some Grado's. They had some great stuff.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Opeth - Live at the Royal Albert Hall. Limited edtion Vinyl box-set.

I'm having my first listen now. All four 180g discs are very good pressings.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts