What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
SDC13989.jpg

On the now defunct Charly Records, some lovely blues from T-Bone.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm a big Joe Cocker fan (leaving aside some of his more recent stuff) but if push comes to shove this is my favourite album of his from 1982. Just been listening to it with the old cans on my head (wife in bed asleep!) and the rythmn section of Sly Dunbar and Robbie Shakespeare just sounds sublime. As always Joe picks songs by some of the greats (Dylan, Newman, & Winwood to name but three) and puts his own inimitable style firmly on top. Not everybodies cup of tea I know but I just love his music from that period.

Cool.

51EmyscxarL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
Not something that will get a lot play, but couldn't resist picking it up in charity shop for £1.50 today, and in absolute mint condition...

61NM3B5fPTL._SS400_.jpg

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
margetti:
Not something that will get a lot play, but couldn't resist picking it up in charity shop for £1.50 today, and in absolute mint condition...

Nice! I bet those synths sound great!

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Picked up a few discs yesterday from a record fair, but due to stylus problems not played any yet. However, as soon as that is sorted the first album I'm going to play is this one...

51SRWPdsEGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Never heard it before, but for £3.00 I thought it was well worth a punt to see how it compares to Focus.

A

Anonymous

Elvis costello - my aim is true mo-fi 180g

Elvis costello - This years model mo-fi 180g

Cars - cars mo-fi 180g

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
tyson1980:

Cars - cars mo-fi 180g

Elvis was on Radio 2 the other night when I was in the car - made a mental note at the time to keep an eye out for some of his stuff on vinyl - I imagine it plays well...

A

Anonymous

margetti:tyson1980:

Cars - cars mo-fi 180g

Elvis was on Radio 2 the other night when I was in the car - made a mental note at the time to keep an eye out for some of his stuff on vinyl - I imagine it plays well...

Yes it's really excellent expensive lps but really good.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
mickeyjoef:Lost Angeles:

410XEJHS0AL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

You have impeccible taste. Classic album, IMHO.

I saw the mighty Hogs many times in the 70's and once in the 90's. Truly my favourite band of all time.

Split or Thank Christ for The Bomb the best? Who cares, they're both brilliant.

Unfortunately my original LP is so scratched and worn now its practically unplayable, but I still play the re-mastered CD of Split.

The guitar solo in Split Part 2 still sends shivers down my spine.

I can still see them playing Cherry Red on Top Of The Pops in 1971 even now, that was THE moment for me in terms of my lifelong love of music. Year zero. Whilst everyone at school debated who was best (Hendrix/Page/Clapton) I was the lone voice sticking up for Tony McPhee.

Fantastic album.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
DIB:mickeyjoef:Lost Angeles:

I saw the mighty Hogs many times in the 70's and once in the 90's. Truly my favourite band of all time.

Unfortunately my original LP is so scratched and worn now its practically unplayable, but I still play the re-mastered CD of Split.

I can still see them playing Cherry Red on Top Of The Pops in 1971 even now, that was THE moment for me in terms of my lifelong love of music. Year zero. Whilst everyone at school debated who was best (Hendrix/Page/Clapton) I was the lone voice sticking up for Tony McPhee.

Fantastic album.

Rock on guys. Although you missed Gallagher out.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Lost Angeles:DIB:mickeyjoef:Lost Angeles:

Fantastic album.

Rock on guys. Although you missed Gallagher out.

True, and California, and Winter, and Blackmore, and Lee etc etc.
emotion-2.gif

They were the big three at the time though. Made for good arguments though.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Still no stylus to play my buys from the weekend fair, but one of the first on will be this one..

61TE8gKjziL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Spent my downtime this evening cleaning them all with my Knosti.

A

Anonymous

Afro-Beat-Airways.jpg

Afro-Beat Airways -- double Lp by Analogue Africa , excellent stuff !

I have a number of albums on this label - whenever a new one comes out, it's a must.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Just a heads up to any Muddy Waters fans out there. I've just bought his classic "Folk Singer" album on lovely thick 180gm vinyl, new, off Ebay for £12.50 + P&P. BIN price is £15 but looking at the feedback offers have been accepted as low as £11.00.

If you like the blues then you could do worse.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Picked this up for £2. Hardly a pop or crackle to be heard, in great condition.

And it sounds bloody good too..

51FCEdpV2eL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I remember borrowing this from the library many, many years ago and making a C60 cassette tape of it.

TRENDING THREADS