What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 322 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Ghostpoet - Shedding Skin

Shedding%20Skin%20Digital%20Packshot.jpeg

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

FennerMachine said:
Jean Michel Jarre Oxygene, Chris Rea The Road to Hell, Gloria Estefan Cuts Both Ways Others too. At a mates and he has lots of albums.

Did he have any good ones?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

FennerMachine said:
He has a variety including Pink Floyd, Billy Joel, Beatles, Nat King Cole, War of the Worlds...

It would've been quicker to say no.*blum3*

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Charlie Jefferson said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Lykke Li - Wounded Rhymes

Great album, in places. Is that the vinyl version?

It is, Charlie, and you're right, it certainly has it's moments, but is a little inconsistent.

I'm also not sure if it's the production or the pressing, but there's a distinct lack of dynamic; even 'Get Some' sounds flat.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

This morning I've played:

Tappa Zukie- In Dub

tappa-zukie-in-dub-jamaican-recordings-lp-18452-p.jpg

Curtis Mayfield - Curtis

6a00e008dca1f08834016766485a7f970b-500wi

Marvin Gaye - What's Going On (seemed appropriate this weekend)

marvingayewhatsgoingon.jpg

Jim_W

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
This morning I've played:

Tappa Zukie- In Dub

Curtis Mayfield - Curtis

Yes, you're right, BBB. I could only play 'What's Going On' this weekend; everything else seemed rather trivial. i guess Curtis would hit the spot too.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Jim_W said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Yes, you're right, BBB. I could only play 'What's Going On' this weekend; everything else seemed rather trivial.

There's a few people on this forum that should definitely listen to it.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Jim_W said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Yes, you're right, BBB. I could only play 'What's Going On' this weekend; everything else seemed rather trivial.

Agreed.

Any music, poem, walk in the woods with my small children, any hint of a life lived in any sense free from irrational, nihilistic thought, any act of simple thoughtfulness, mindless, enjoyable hedonism, a quotidian cup of tea - all these and more are what we surely must embrace.

I'm not usually one for social media, bar this slender forum, or for collective outpourings but as Ian McEwan says today, We are all Parisians now. Now is most definitely the time for multiple, manifest collective outpourings. Small or large, they are all connected to be same basic, guiding utilitarian principle.

Jim_W

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Charlie Jefferson said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Jim_W said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Agreed.

Any music, poem, walk in the woods with my small children, any hint of a life lived in any sense free from irrational, nihilistic thought, any act of simple thoughtfulness, mindless, enjoyable hedonism, a quotidian cup of tea - all these and more are what we surely must embrace.

I'm not usually one for social media, bar this slender forum, or for collective outpourings but as Ian McEwan says today, We are all Parisians now. Now is most definitely the time for multiple, manifest collective outpourings. Small or large, they are all connected to be same basic, guiding utilitarian principle.

I think that sums it up nicely, Charlie.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Well said, Charlie.

Just a little mention of football, but only in the context of recent events. I'd really like the England side and fans to sing the French national anthem, either jointly with the French team and fans, or preferably instead of our own as a genuine gesture of solidarity.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Well said, Charlie.

Just a little mention of football, but only in the context of recent events. I'd really like the England side and fans to sing the French national anthem, either jointly with the French team and fans, or preferably instead of our own as a genuine gesture of solidarity.

Yes, I really hope something like that happens. Football is, perhaps surreally but in a sense obviously, quite a significant emblem of what we all must surely defend.

I'm always behind the curve and the moment when reacting to momentous events, on a rational or emotional level, so the whole thing is only just starting to sink in.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts