What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 323 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
How was the Lake District? Did you tackle any fells? Been up there a few times myself, and took on a few.

Thanks Freddy, yes we walked up the Old Man of Coniston in atrocious weather. My brother is, luckily, a walking guide so we managed to navigate all the way back to the wonderful beers and pubs of Coniston.

He lives in Glenridding on the banks of Ullswater, so we had a few good days and nights in and around his little village too.

Marvindodgers

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Had a bit of a haul from the local record shop at the weekend and have been working my way through them.

Pretenders - The Singles

Rickie Lee Jones

Steve Winwood - Back In The High Life

Tanita Tikaram - Ancient Heart

Jean Michel Jarre - Equinoxe

Big Country - The Crossing

Heart

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Charlie Jefferson said:
Freddy58 said:
How was the Lake District? Did you tackle any fells? Been up there a few times myself, and took on a few.

Thanks Freddy, yes we walked up the Old Man of Coniston in atrocious weather. My brother is, luckily, a walking guide so we managed to navigate all the way back to the wonderful beers and pubs of Coniston.

He lives in Glenridding on the banks of Ullswater, so we had a few good days and nights in and around his little village too.

Glenridding, nice around there, especially the drive through the Kirkstone Pass. One of my favourite spots is the Langdale valley, lovely. Nice pub too *smile* I haven't done the 'Old Man', didn't fancy it somehow, looked a bit stoney. I haven't been up there for quite some time now, but hopefully sometime soon.

Jim_W

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
Charlie Jefferson said:
Freddy58 said:

Glenridding, nice around there, especially the drive through the Kirkstone Pass. One of my favourite spots is the Langdale valley, lovely. Nice pub too *smile* I haven't done the 'Old Man', didn't fancy it somehow, looked a bit stoney. I haven't been up there for quite some time now, but hopefully sometime soon.

Oooer, missus!

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Jim_W said:
Freddy58 said:
Charlie Jefferson said:
Freddy58 said:

Oooer, missus!

I wondered how long it would take *biggrin*

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Various tracks off LPs including
How Do You Sleep - John Lennon
Streets Of London - Ralph McTell
Sympathy for The Devil (live) - The Stones
The Way It Is - Bruce Hornsby
Soldier Of Fortune - Deep Purple
John Barleycorn Must Die - Traffic
Song for Europe - Roxy Music
America - Simon & Garfunkel
Hold Your Head Up - Argent and finally
The Pusher - Steppenwolf.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
795c2d950e823ba835bda4fa79f8750d_zpsavpl10dc.jpg

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Talk Talk - The Colour Of Spring

913Xbj6JOyL._SY355_.jpg

Followed by a bit of David Sylvian - Secrets Of The Beehive

cover_52291812112009.jpg

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Talk Talk - The Colour Of Spring

Followed by a bit of David Sylvian - Secrets Of The Beehive

Those last 3 Talk Talk albums are pretty special. I used to play them a lot when I worked nights, sometimes i just put 'New Grass' on repeat. Stunning song btw (if 'song' is the right word).

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi fi HELP!!

My brother is buying a Roksan Kandy power amp to go with his existing Kandy integrated. His speakers are currently single wired, so can he still benefit from a power amp by simply connecting the two amps together?

Or ideally does he need to bi-wire his speakers too, as I do. I'm useless at connecting anything so I don't want to give him duff advice.

Can anyone advise?

(I know this should be posted elsewhere but I'm among trusted friends here!)

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Charlie Jefferson said:
Hi fi HELP!!

My brother is buying a Roksan Kandy power amp to go with his existing Kandy integrated. His speakers are currently single wired, so can he still benefit from a power amp by simply connecting the two amps together?

Or ideally does he need to bi-wire his speakers too, as I do. I'm useless at connecting anything so I don't want to give him duff advice.

Can anyone advise?

Sorry Charlie, I can't help, so unless Alears or someone similarly knowledgeable comes along, I think you'd be better off posting under hi-fi.

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Kate Bush - The Dreaming

Ian McCulloch - Candleland

Then after all that talk of Talk Talk

- The Colour of Spring

- Spirit of Eden

- Laughing Stock

Volcano Choir - Repave

Now watching Wasps smash Toulon, absolutely awesome!

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
My favorite version of 1812 ever, and the Nutcracker Suite on the other side ain't half bad either. Criminal this was never released on any digital format, I'd have bought it in a shot.

12279245_919719048098363_4610165678751936819_n_zpsah7ynpmb.jpg

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Charlie Jefferson said:
Hi fi HELP!!

Can anyone advise?

If he want's to keep his speakers single wired, he can use his integrated as a pre-amp and use the pre-outs into the power amp and the power amp feeds the speakers.
If he bi-wires the integrated usually feeds the HF and the power amp the LF and he needs to remove the links. Try it single wired first and see what he thinks, he can also use the integrated as a pre and bi-wire from the power which is how I've currently got my Caspian set up. I play about with all three set-ups.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts