What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 322 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

FennerMachine

New member
Feb 5, 2011
83
0
0
Jean Michel Jarre Oxygene,
Chris Rea The Road to Hell,
Gloria Estefan Cuts Both Ways
Others too.
At a mates and he has lots of albums.
 
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Guest
FennerMachine said:
Jean Michel Jarre Oxygene, Chris Rea The Road to Hell, Gloria Estefan Cuts Both Ways Others too. At a mates and he has lots of albums.
Did he have any good ones?
 
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Guest
FennerMachine said:
He has a variety including Pink Floyd, Billy Joel, Beatles, Nat King Cole, War of the Worlds...
It would've been quicker to say no.*blum3*
 
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Guest
Charlie Jefferson said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Lykke Li - Wounded Rhymes
Great album, in places. Is that the vinyl version?
It is, Charlie, and you're right, it certainly has it's moments, but is a little inconsistent.

I'm also not sure if it's the production or the pressing, but there's a distinct lack of dynamic; even 'Get Some' sounds flat.
 
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Guest
This morning I've played:

Tappa Zukie- In Dub



Curtis Mayfield - Curtis



Marvin Gaye - What's Going On (seemed appropriate this weekend)

 

Jim_W

New member
Sep 25, 2015
0
0
0
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
This morning I've played:

Tappa Zukie- In Dub

Curtis Mayfield - Curtis

Marvin Gaye - What's Going On (seemed appropriate this weekend)
Yes, you're right, BBB. I could only play 'What's Going On' this weekend; everything else seemed rather trivial. i guess Curtis would hit the spot too.
 
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Guest
Jim_W said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Marvin Gaye - What's Going On (seemed appropriate this weekend)
Yes, you're right, BBB. I could only play 'What's Going On' this weekend; everything else seemed rather trivial.
There's a few people on this forum that should definitely listen to it.
 

Charlie Jefferson

Well-known member
Sep 2, 2007
229
0
18,790
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Jim_W said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Marvin Gaye - What's Going On (seemed appropriate this weekend)
Yes, you're right, BBB. I could only play 'What's Going On' this weekend; everything else seemed rather trivial.
There's a few people on this forum that should definitely listen to it.
Agreed.

Any music, poem, walk in the woods with my small children, any hint of a life lived in any sense free from irrational, nihilistic thought, any act of simple thoughtfulness, mindless, enjoyable hedonism, a quotidian cup of tea - all these and more are what we surely must embrace.

I'm not usually one for social media, bar this slender forum, or for collective outpourings but as Ian McEwan says today, We are all Parisians now. Now is most definitely the time for multiple, manifest collective outpourings. Small or large, they are all connected to be same basic, guiding utilitarian principle.
 

Jim_W

New member
Sep 25, 2015
0
0
0
Charlie Jefferson said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Jim_W said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Marvin Gaye - What's Going On (seemed appropriate this weekend)
Yes, you're right, BBB. I could only play 'What's Going On' this weekend; everything else seemed rather trivial.
There's a few people on this forum that should definitely listen to it.
Agreed.

Any music, poem, walk in the woods with my small children, any hint of a life lived in any sense free from irrational, nihilistic thought, any act of simple thoughtfulness, mindless, enjoyable hedonism, a quotidian cup of tea - all these and more are what we surely must embrace.

I'm not usually one for social media, bar this slender forum, or for collective outpourings but as Ian McEwan says today, We are all Parisians now. Now is most definitely the time for multiple, manifest collective outpourings. Small or large, they are all connected to be same basic, guiding utilitarian principle.
I think that sums it up nicely, Charlie.
 
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Guest
Well said, Charlie.

Just a little mention of football, but only in the context of recent events. I'd really like the England side and fans to sing the French national anthem, either jointly with the French team and fans, or preferably instead of our own as a genuine gesture of solidarity.
 

Charlie Jefferson

Well-known member
Sep 2, 2007
229
0
18,790
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Well said, Charlie.

Just a little mention of football, but only in the context of recent events. I'd really like the England side and fans to sing the French national anthem, either jointly with the French team and fans, or preferably instead of our own as a genuine gesture of solidarity.
Yes, I really hope something like that happens. Football is, perhaps surreally but in a sense obviously, quite a significant emblem of what we all must surely defend.

I'm always behind the curve and the moment when reacting to momentous events, on a rational or emotional level, so the whole thing is only just starting to sink in.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS