What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 66 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
47.jpg

Him-indoors has gone out, so I am indulging in an Elvis-fest - all on 45rpm heavyweight vinyl. Bliss :)

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
51qxQCFapnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I noticed Matthewpiano has this as his Avatar so I thought I'd give it a spin, as a lot of you will know it's one of my fave albums anyway. Wishbone Ash Argus.

TIME WAS when I was nineteen I was BLOWIN FREE
SOMETIME WORLD pass me by again.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Loving the new Wilco album at the moment, The Whole Love.

Also:

Songs For Drella - John Cale & Lou Reed

Circuital - My Morning Jacket

Shiny Beast - Cpt Beefheart

Nixon - Lambchop

The Most Incredible Thing - Pet Shop Boys

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Charlie Jefferson said:
Nixon - Lambchop

Oh I love that album, only got it on CD though.

It's one of those albums that was praised to the sky when it was first released and I bought it on the back of the reviews. After the first listen I wondered to myself what all the fuss was about, completely underwhelmed. Gave it another listen, and then another until eventually it really clicked. It's funny that most of my favourite albums start off like that, and you just grow into them.

Anyhow, how does the LP compare with CD? Have you had the opportunity to compare at all?

Amyl Right Mate

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
DIB said:
Charlie Jefferson said:
Nixon - Lambchop

Oh I love that album, only got it on CD though.

Anyhow, how does the LP compare with CD? Have you had the opportunity to compare at all?

Lambchop's recordings nearly always sound great to me (in terms of recording and production). However, I have the 1999 original of Nixon and always felt that side 2 has quite a bit or surface noise - possibly I just have a slightly duff copy.

It was reissued as part of City Slang's 20th anniversary about a year ago. Hopefully the new pressing is better and should still be easily available.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts