What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 57 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
silentwaters.jpg

Amorphis - `Silent Waters` Double Red vinyl.

Don`t think there are many bands making better melodic metal than Amorphis during the last few years. If you`re going to listen to coloured vinyl then try and make it red if possible.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
bloodceremony.jpg

Blood Ceremony - `Living With The Ancients` Double red/black vinyl.

Ah yes, love this. You can`t beat a bit of Witchcraft metal. The vinyl is a lovely deep red and black mix which suits the album content to perfection. Don`t even consider attending any Halloween parties later this year if this isn`t on the playlist!

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
At various points in the last two days I have played :

Michael Rother Fernwarme

Focus Moving Waves

Virginia Astley From gardens where we feel secure

Ashra Blackouts

Holger Czukay On the way to the peak of normal

Wire Manscape

Nick

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
streetsoffire.jpg

Jim Steinman and Fire Inc. - `Tonight Is What It Means To Be Young` 12" single.

Reliving my younger days with two consecutive blasts of this single on the headphones. It`s taken from the `Streets Of Fire` soundtrack and features a great vocal from a singer called Holly Sherwood. Very dramatic intro indeed. Sadly didn`t get very far in the charts back in 1984.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
novella.jpg

Renaissance - `Novella`

My love for Renaissance grows greater with the passing of the years. This isn`t a great copy however. Think I`ll have to look for another.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
mellow.jpg

Mellow Candle - `Swaddling Songs`

I was delighted when Tapestry Records re-issued this terrific 70`s Folk Rock album a few years ago. Worth adding to your collection if you like a little bit of Folk.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
mitch65 said:
Going to be trying out a lot of vinyl over the next three weeks as I give the new amp some serious testing to see if it's a keeper ;)

Have you re-inforced the floor
smiley-wink.gif
I believe these XTZ's are pretty big babies, are they not?

I'll be interested to hear how they perform, there's been quite some talk about them on here and other sites.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Just came back from walking the dog in the local park, and there was a car boot sale on, so picked up three albums for a tenner off my usual stall. Will have some good listening tonight...

61K9n4u7bsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Win, Lose or Draw - Allman Brothers Band

615okHlVxCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

No Smoke Without Fire - Wishbone Ash

61WPGwvcWmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Year of the Cat - Al Stewart

First glance they all look in excellent condition, but I've bought loads off the same guy over the last 18 months or so and they are invariably cleaned and in good nick. He's a top bloke, and I don't even bother checking them now at his stall, just buy 'em!

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
DIB said:
mitch65 said:
Going to be trying out a lot of vinyl over the next three weeks as I give the new amp some serious testing to see if it's a keeper ;)

Have you re-inforced the floor
smiley-wink.gif
I believe these XTZ's are pretty big babies, are they not?

I'll be interested to hear how they perform, there's been quite some talk about them on here and other sites.

Thankfully I have concrete floors and the bottom shelf of my unit hasn't started groaning just yet.

Having had a Jungson JA-88D which was even bigger and heavier I was happy (as was my wife) that it didn't look as big as expected, maybe down to the two-tone finish
smile.png
.Build quality is excellent, better than I would have expected from a 600 quid amp.

Initial feelings are very positive although it has shown a setup issue with my turntable (excessive sibilance) which is not evident on digital replay via the DAC. Of course this could be down to initial breaking in of the electronics but I will be tinkering with the deck this afternoon just to cover my bases.

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Joe10155 said:
51fuA7WHT0L._SS500_.jpg

51JHmSLNGsL._SS400_.jpg

51AYUeoX7mL._SS400_.jpg

This one's next:

41szZKvJxTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

99p each; don't you just love charity shops
smiley-laughing.gif

I have got number 169 out of 3000 of the Blues Band album , which is also autographed by the band . Do you think it is worth more than the 99p you paid for your copy ?

Nick

Joe10155

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
Shropshire lad,

Well there is a "Limited Edition" copy of it on Amazon for £14.95 & a white cover copy for £25.00; no mention of it being autographed though. So you may make a few bob if you're lucky.

51fuA7WHT0L._SS500_.jpg
21V-q-g5uML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts