What vinyl are you listening to?

Page 309 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

MrTeroo

BANNED
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
So I bought a box set at a car boot a few weeks ago. Beethoven - The Nine Symphonies - Otto Klemperer

Excellent condition for £2 (I love car boot sales!)

This morning I decided to devote the day to it, while working.

Took all day, and was very enjoyable. I don't think I will ever do them all back to back again because Ludwig can get a bit samey IMO. Pastoral was the only disc with any crackles but 95% of those came off after a clean.
1. Symphony No. 1 In C Major, Op.21 2. Symphony No. 2 In D Major, Op. 36 3. Symphony No. 3 In E Flat Major, Op. 55 (Eroica) 4. Symphony No. 4 In B Flat Major, Op. 66 5. Symphony No. 5 In C Minor, Op. 67 6. Symphony No. 6 In F Major, Op. 68 (Pastoral) 7. Symphone No. 7 In A Major, Op. 92 8. Symphony No. 8 In F Major, Op.93 9. Symphony No. 9 In D Minor, Op. 125 (Choral)

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
First time I've played this for a while, and I'd forgotten both how good it is, and how good it sounds. Haven't enjoyed playing a record this much for some time.

Sugarcubes - Life's Too Good

Picked this up today. Had it on cassette back in the day. It's a fun record. *dance4*

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Waxy said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
First time I've played this for a while, and I'd forgotten both how good it is, and how good it sounds. Haven't enjoyed playing a record this much for some time.

Sugarcubes - Life's Too Good

Picked this up today. Had it on cassette back in the day. It's a fun record. *dance4*

I bought the tape back in the day, too. It is a fun record, but also a great sounding one.

I saw them at Reading Festival in the late 80s, and my overriding memory was during one of the tracks (either Deus or Blue Eyed Pop), Einar sang/spoke "Oh no! Not Debbie Gibson!". It's not at all funny now, but it was at the time, and it's stayed with me all these years. *blush*

Jim_W

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
I forgot my password so I had to create a new account, peeps. The eagle-eyed amongst you will spot that instead of a dash I now have an underscore! It is still me though...I'm afraid.

Grant Green: 'Sunday Morning.'

Judee Sill: 'Judee Sill.' Genius.

Can: 'Soon Over Babaluma' My favourite Can record...sometimes.

Getz/Gilberto: 'Stan Getz/ Joao Gilberto.

John Mayall: 'Blues From Laurel Canyon.

MrTeroo

BANNED
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Isn't there a password recovery option at the login screen?
Jim_W said:
I forgot my password so I had to create a new account, peeps. The eagle-eyed amongst you will spot that instead of a dash I now have an underscore! It is still me though...I'm afraid.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
MrTeroo said:
I bought a box set at a car boot a few weeks ago. Beethoven - The Nine Symphonies - Otto Klemperer

This morning I decided to devote the day to it, while working.

Took all day, and was very enjoyable.

I do that once a year or so, with my 9-LP box. I recently bought the Berlin PO/Simon Rattle CD box, which is excellent, so perhaps next time I pull an all-dayer I'll use the CD set instead.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
1989 - Taylor Swift

1989 - Ryan Adams (streamed)

Blonde On Blonde - Bob Dylan

Full Force - Art Ensemble Of Chicago

Volition - Krakatau

Synchronicity - The Police

Moondog & His Friends

Lost On The River: The New Basement Tapes

Knocked Out Loaded - Bob Dylan

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Over last few days

Sexwitch - Sexwitch (highly recommended, another side to the girl from Bat for Lashes)

PIL - What The World Needs Now...

Dexter Gordon - One Flight Up (really enjoying Dexter at the moment, looking for more of his)

Michael Head & the Strands - The Magical World of the Strands

Gil Scott-Heron - Pieces of a Man

Sonny Rollins - A Night T the "Village Vanguard"

The Flaming Lips - The Terror

New Order - Substance

Peter Gabriel - Melt

Kate Bush - The Dreaming

The Amazing Snakeheads - Amphetamine Ballads

The War on Drugs - Lost in the Dream

MrTeroo

BANNED
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Glorified Magnified

First released 29th September 1972

Happy Birthday!

Followed by the two Chapter Three albums. Forgot how good the first one is.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Holst - The Planets

R-3123694-1316884872.jpeg.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts