what tv for use as pc display

markyboy156

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
hi what latest 4k tv with 3d can i use instead of a pc monitor mainly for gaming and surfing the web on i want the following specs must allow 60hz or higher and 4.4.4 chroma fastest response time possible example 39ms to 40ms 40 inch hdcp 2.2 hevc decoder hdmi 2.0 pre calibrated if possible i want a tv with best picture quality possible for 4k 3d and 1080p and standard thanks

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
What are your thoughts on the helpful comments you got on your previous thread? Why don't you respond when people give you suggestions?

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/home-cinema/witch-best-picture-quality

Well said, bigboss. And unless markyboy156 can do more than place a query and then disappear, I certainly won't be answering any more of his threads.

markyboy156 said:
hi what latest 4k tv with 3d can i use instead of a pc monitor mainly for gaming and surfing the web on i want the following specs must allow 60hz or higher and 4.4.4 chroma fastest response time possible example 39ms to 40ms 40 inch hdcp 2.2 hevc decoder hdmi 2.0 pre calibrated if possible i want a tv with best picture quality possible for 4k 3d and 1080p and standard thanks

As a general point, markyboy156, I'm sure that you are as capable as anyone else ot trawling through google and plenty of manufacturer's websites and specifications to find exactly what you want, especially the 60Hz and unusual-to-see-requested 4.4.4 chroma cruteria. Oh, and you could have mentioned how much money you have to spend, because that is a major consideration.

markyboy156 said:
pre calibrated if possible

No, pre-calibrated will certainly not be possible. If you want your new set to be calibrated you'll have to pay £200 to £250, like everyone else has had to.

I'm out.

markyboy156

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
sorry for not responding i have been very busy doing the house up the budget to spend is £3000 want a 4k tv with very fast response time so can use as pc monitor for playing games

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Two points. One, you won't get the benefit of 4K resolution on a screen that is only 40 inches, you need something like 55 inches and larger to get the benefit of 4K over 1080p. Two, your budget of £3,000 is much too much for a 40-inch screen; for instance, you could get this very highly regarded 4K 3D 65" KD65X9005 Sony Bravia for £2,699 at Richer Sounds. I'm not sure about its HEVC or HDMI status though, you'll have to check that. By the way, Sony's most advanced televisions seem to be available at a minimum size of 55 inches. So if you insist on 40 inches, you'll have to choose a less advanced television, or choose another brand. But, as I said, aiming for 4K resolution on a screen as small as 40 inches is pointless.

As a Pc diehard user I would say you ought to use a dedicated 4k desk monitor instead for games.The 12 inch distance or so between you and the screen will allow the 4k display to show the graphics prowess of your Pc.
When you are on a couch further back with a 4k TV you may not percieve the same razor sharp effect.
The 4k desktop monitors at 60hz has a 1msec response and faster than any TV outthere....
I am a bit of a puress so not suggesting that you should not use your TV with your PC.

You ought to bear in mind that only a mid to top end gafix card will sufficiently drive the 4k monitor and for TV will place the same demand.
With Gaming Consoles are a different story as they can't output 4k.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
one other thing to take in to account, is the advent of gsynch for the nvidia cards and freesynch for the AMD cards which will help with gameplay immensley, but only will be initially available on traditional monitors, not TV's.

The point of the synch technology it to eliminate stuttering, tearing and bring down lag. I've seen it in action and it's very impressive.

TRENDING THREADS