What subwoofer interconnect ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I want to connect a Lexicon MC12 to an Artcoustic amplifier, i have connected the stereo outputs via xlr to the amp, and now need a subwoofer interconnect, about 1m long. What would you recommend (ideally i want to use RCA to RCA but could use xlr to xlr). I do not want to spend more than £250 for the cable

Thanks

Mike

A

Anonymous

Mike23:I want to connect a Lexicon MC12 to an Artcoustic amplifier, i have connected the stereo outputs via xlr to the amp, and now need a subwoofer interconnect, about 1m long. What would you recommend (ideally i want to use RCA to RCA but could use xlr to xlr). I do not want to spend more than £250 for the cable

Use something you have lying around.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Jim Highfield:]Use something you have lying around.

Not the most helpful of posts, Jim.

Mike, it really depends on the quality of your other connections - what XLR cables are you using between the Lexicon and the Artcoustic?

A

Anonymous

Mark Grant cables. You wont go wrong, and he is very helpful!

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
Jim Highfield:]Use something you have lying around.

Not the most helpful of posts, Jim.

Not helpful? As any old 1m cable will work fine on a sub I might have saved him wasting £250 and I also drew attention to his post.

A

Anonymous

The xlr cables I have retail for about £300, I cannot remember what brand they are... sounds stupid but I have bought them used from a HiFi dealer about 2 years ago, and he recommended them... I am wondering if it is worth to spend extra money on a good subwoofer cable, or if any cable (as suggested by someone) would do...

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Personally, I think it's worth it. Even the £30 Chord Crimson cable I got made a pleasent upgrade from the old cheapo non-branded interconnect I used before - gave the bass a tighter, more controlled sound than before.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Mike23:The xlr cables I have retail for about £300, I cannot remember what brand they are... sounds stupid but I have bought them used from a HiFi dealer about 2 years ago, and he recommended them... I am wondering if it is worth to spend extra money on a good subwoofer cable, or if any cable (as suggested by someone) would do...

I use a (freebie) grey and black cable of about 3m long connected to one of my amps preouts... It works wonderfully, and I think actually better than the official MJA high level lead I used to use on my old amp. (cant do that on my class D for some reason)
I don't believe you'll be able to tell the difference in any cable up to the job, when it comes to a sub bass speaker.

A

Anonymous

Paying more than twenty pounds or so for a short length is a waste of cash in a home cinema set up.
Well shielded and well made is good enough. A reputable test of cable types shows the Canare LV-77S as more than adequate, and the Mark Grant tip above will see you fine.
Low frequency, low bandwidth sub signals do not need anything more. Unless you like paying for a name!

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:Depends what you're using it for I guess. In my home cinema environment, I definitely could tell the difference.

Then the original cable simply wasn't able to handle the current, and thus not up to the job (imo)

You definitely do not need an expensive Sub cable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts