What speakers for RA-1520?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello Forum

I really want to get the best from a RA-1520.

In your opinion what would be a great match with this amp.

I listen to lots of genres especially Alt/Rock, Jazz and Electronic.

The room i use is 3.60 m x 7 m.

I have a bias towards floorstanders but i will keep options open and willing to stretch budget if theres something great out there.

Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

My experience with BR5 is irregular cause acoustic stuff sounds great but music that requires more body like rock can sound lean some more midrange would be apreciated and a hint of sweetness also would be nice. I know i can do better than BR5.

A

Anonymous

I have the speakers along the shorter wall. At the moment al 30 cm from the rear for experimentation purposes, normally i have them at around 45 cm. Also the are about 70 cm from the side wall on the left channel and nothing in the right cause there is no side wall in the right channel. With some modest (cheap) panels behind the speakers and in the first reflection point on the left channel.

My budget would be around 1,500 but as i said if something great is out there i would be willing to go into the super saving mode.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

hi roberto, i would suggest you take a look at the new kef q series range, i have heard them today and they sound great i was listening to the q 700 floor standers and the build quality is also top notch, the 700's cost £1000.00 money well spent.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts