What speaker choice with arcam mini solo

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My best option is the Proac 110 although many sailors tell me the mini solo is not able to drive it properly... However I do not understand what is the problem if the speakers are better than source and amplification. My alternative choices would be kef iq30 (quit good sound but "confused" in comparison with the proac)

There are probably many other good choices... Does someone know the perfect match?

A

Anonymous

Rega RS1s are meant to be very good (better than their predecessors the R1s so they must be good). They're sensitive at 90dB so would suit the lower power of the Mini very well. What will it sound like? Crystal clear and detailed.

I'll probably be picked on or laughed at, but the best synergy for the Arcam Solo would be Monitor Audio. In addition, they have high sensitivity and they sound gorgeous with Arcam. Depending whether you prefer stand mounted or floorstanders, the combo will sing.

The minimum would be RS1's going up to GS10 or the older GR10's. Both have clarity, wonderful detail and very taut bass. Floorstanders I would be looking at BR5 or RX6 tops.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
igglebert:Rega RS1s are meant to be very good (better than their predecessors the R1s ...

Now that would hardly be difficult would it ... ?
emotion-11.gif

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
but to be more helpful, someone here used a Solo with Rega R3's. Whilst I never heard the micro, the R3's are an easy load, efficient and very rythmic. I could imagine they match well. Front ported too so easy to place even clos'ish to walls, an important point I could imagine if you are using a micro in the first place.

A

Anonymous

Thank you very much for these useful answers. Does someone have compared the monitor audio GS10 with the Proac 110?

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Whilst waiting for my wife to finish work today, I popped down to my local Richer Sounds to audition the new Wharfedale 10 with the Arcam Mini Solo and I was very disappointed with the sound and preferred the older Diamonds 9.1 partnership. I am a fan of the KEF IQ 30 combination with this system that sounded far superior to the IQ5SE I also trialled.

Another possibility with the Arcam is the Mordaunt Short Mezzo 2. I found this well balanced and revealed a lot of insight.

gyles:

My best option is the Proac 110 although many sailors tell me the mini solo is not able to drive it properly... However I do not understand what is the problem if the speakers are better than source and amplification. My alternative choices would be kef iq30 (quit good sound but "confused" in comparison with the proac)

There are probably many other good choices... Does someone know the perfect match?

Hi gyles

I would also suggest that you also consider Monitor Audio's Silver RX1's.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts