What size a streaming movie?

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi - sorry if this doesn't quite fit this forum...

But roughly what size is a 2 hr movie download from Love Film? I generally get nowhere near my 10GB download limit but have gone over it recently. I maybe download one movie a month, a bit of iPlayer (maybe an hour or so) and maybe a couple of hours Spotify. The rest of my web use is email and general web surfing.

thanks

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Thanks BB

I guess you're right - I could upgrade my package with BT but whenever one does that they have this sneaky way of renewing your 12 / 18 month contract. I'm loathed to give 'em any more money - especially as my broadband was completely down for nearly 48 hours over the weekend...

This was a known fault. At least they worked round the clock over the weekend.

I had a terrible experience with AOL few years ago. I was getting constant internet dropouts. AOL blamed BT that it's a line problem, & BT insisted that it's a problem with broadband after checking the line. I then decided to go with BT broadband, so that both the phone line & broadband are managed by one company.

I've been happy with their service.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Yeah, to be fair it's the first problem of any description (well apart from billing...) I've had since it was installed over two years ago.

I've had broadband since about 1999 and in those days it was always going down - these days it's so reliable one forgets how dependent one gets on it and you start pacing the walls without it. Sad really.

I was with Nildram for years who were fantastic as they were mainly business focused and really small - if you had a problem you got through in about 3 rings to someone who sounded like he ran the place! But then a Tiscali takeover.

BT support does baffle me - I made three calls in all - the first said there was a 'problem' and when fixed my broadband would be 'better than before'. The next one told me it was a fire - not mentioned in the BBC article. I'm sure they just make things up!

It's back on now, certainly no faster than before, but my Vodafone Sure Signal doesn't want to talk to it anymore...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts