What should I upgrade first?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
This one with the phono preamp. It seems to get great reviews!

A good phono preamp but there are perhaps better for the money.
do you ever think you will be buying moving coil cartridges? If not you don't really need to pay for it to be included in a preamp.

Reactions: Gray

dupree

Oct 12, 2021
Visit site
A good phono preamp but there are perhaps better for the money.
do you ever think you will be buying moving coil cartridges? If not you don't really need to pay for it to be included in a preamp.

Well I figured I would get that upgrade just in case. What preamps do you recommend in that range?

dupree

Oct 12, 2021
Visit site
PS. I found an instrc

I found a manual on vinyl engine, and can’t see any option to disable auto lift. Sometimes, transporting a turntable upsets this mechanism. You may need to move the arm carefully towards the end, obviously with stylus raised, and hope the mechanism catches, then operates normally.

Yeah I asked on vinylengine and one guy said the base of the tonearm might have shifted a bit to the right when moving it and the needle isn't hitting the runout groove.

dupree

Oct 12, 2021
Visit site
that would certainly give you more choice in which cartridges you could fit.

Yes, it's heavier and has the ability to top mount cartridges.

However, I've already got this one and invested into it so it'll have to do for now. But certainly an upgrade idea for down the road.

Reactions: Al ears

dupree

Oct 12, 2021
Visit site
So I received and hooked up my Cambridge amp and pre-amp this weekend and I'm very impressed! My system is sounding pretty great with the Grado cartridge and Cambridge gear, even with my Sears professional series speakers (which will be the next upgrade). But yes, very happy with the purchases. Thanks to everyone on here who were big helps!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts