What Records

6and8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
The other day I found the What Records website. Felt like a kid in a sweet shop with all the vinyl, new and used, they had for sale. But I tend to buy my vinyl from shops, record fairs or charity shops, where I can see what I'm buying. I haven't bought any vinyl online.

I know from comments in this forum and elsewhere that some online sellers can be less than reliable. Has anyone bought from these guys, would you recommend them?

Jim_W

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
6and8 said:
The other day I found the What Records website. Felt like a kid in a sweet shop with all the vinyl, new and used, they had for sale. But I tend to buy my vinyl from shops, record fairs or charity shops, where I can see what I'm buying. I haven't bought any vinyl online.

I know from comments in this forum and elsewhere that some online sellers can be less than reliable. Has anyone bought from these guys, would you recommend them?

Like you, I only buy when I can see what I'm buying and even that doesn't eliminate the posibilty of buying something that looks mint but plays like somebody is using a frying pan in the background. I suppose it's the rarer records that will cause dealers/shops to hike up the price and be less than discerning re condition in order to make a good profit....in my experience anyway. Big selling records can always be picked up cheaply in excellent condition. Who knows though? Get in touch and ask them if they refund items that fall below the grading/condition stated. Bit of a lottery really.

I've used them several times for new vinyl. Good prices and quick delivery.

I can recommend Juno as well. And if you like metal EMP is good for that.

recently I've been using Dodax. Good prices, but postage is quite slow at around 10 days.

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
I've used What Records quite a few times for new vinyl. Generally very good, but communication is not always brilliant when a product goes out of stock. I have on one occasion had to chase up a refund, because I got fed up waiting, but once I had asked for it the refund was prompt. I would prefer not to charged until an item is dispatched. I also complained about a badly fitting sleeve on Pink Floyd's Endless River, but got no response. As a result, I haven't used them since, but expect I probably will sometime.

Daz B

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I have recently bought from them. The only issue was bought four records but one of the records wasn't in stock even though the website said it was in stock. This delayed my order arriving by two weeks. They have a maximum postage of £8.00 per order so best to order mutiple records to save on postage costs. Would recommend them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts