What player to prefer?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Currently I'm looking for a new CD-player to substitute my old NAD 521BEE. I really like my player but the lack of details sometimes drives me to dissapointment...I can't acquire a new gear for more than 600USD, so now I'm staggering between the NAD 545BEE and Arcam 73T which is rather difficult to find out in my City. Marantz 6003 costs 800USD - it's beyond borders. As I've pointed out I love the character of my NAD, so would not it be reliable to stop at the NAD545?
Waiting for your answers with impatience.

Sabby

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
The Nad 545BEE most definitely. I also had a Nad 521BEE and, like you, was a bit disapointed at the lack of fine detail. The 545 addresses that and also adds a deeper and tighter bass into the mix. Also heard the Marantz which sounded a bit too sterile for my liking. The Nad is both warm and detailed without sounding sterile.

A

Anonymous

Both would be a good call. The rega would be more forward and toe tapping than the nad. If you like the nad, then go for it, but if you can demo both, then you can see if the rega does conform to your tastes.

matthewpiano

Strange suggestion, I know, but try a Cambridge Audio Azur 340c. I always end up coming back to it - I've had a C521BEE, C545BEE, 'better' CA players, CD73, Denon DCD1500AE, Marantz players etc. but the little Azur always wins through. It is a very engaging and involving little player with plenty of detail.

Sometimes it isn't necessarily about buying something expensive...

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
i used to have a NAD CD player then an Arcam CD73T and i would go with the Arcam for sure - an excellent cd player given its market price nowadays. It is much more detailed and clearer than the NAD with a touch of smoothness and retains a feel of quality to the look and the sound.

my brother has my old Arcam now since i upgraded and he likes it as much as i did.

A

Anonymous

nad are made miles away in a weird country so you should be looking at something a bit more well you know what i mean ? naim , leema, cyrus all worth an audition.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I agree; the Arcam CD72 or CD73 would be very good choices but so would the Rega Apollo and NAD C545BEE CDP.

I think really it's best to demo if you can (i.e. the most recent models) but if you're willing to take the chance then the Arcam CD72 would be my option
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Thank's for your responds, I'm quite satisfied. I'll purchase the 545 in the next 2-3 weeks of course after listening to it. Then I'll put my opinion there, expect it would be useful for someone else.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
The nad C545 is an extremely unreliable player.........sound is important but it's also nice if it works like it should.

I would go for the marantz CD6003 if I were you.

Sabby

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I beg to differ on the Nad reliability issue. I've had mine for over 6 months with not a single problem. OK 6 months is not that long, but if there is a problem I think it should have happened by now. Anyway buying something based on its perceived reliability rather than its sound quality is not how one should choose hi-fi equipment. Sound quality should be the first priority.

Sabby

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Yes I have seen that thread. What is apparent is that Nad seem to have sorted out whatever problem was plaguing the early models as I haven't had a problem with mine. I have also had other Nad CDP's and have never had a problem with any of them either.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
D.MAZUN:Currently I'm looking for a new CD-player to substitute my old NAD 521BEE. I really like my player but the lack of details sometimes drives me to dissapointment...I can't acquire a new gear for more than 600USD, so now I'm staggering between the NAD 545BEE and Arcam 73T which is rather difficult to find out in my City. Marantz 6003 costs 800USD - it's beyond borders. As I've pointed out I love the character of my NAD, so would not it be reliable to stop at the NAD545?
Waiting for your answers with impatience.

I'm not sure how available this model is in the US or if it's within budget (it would be over here) but the Pioneer PD-D6-J is a very good player which also plays SACD. It received very good reviews a couple of years ago and then everyone seemed to forget about it.

A

Anonymous

I also heard a lot about the problems concerning the NAD545 using. Personally I have not ever encountered with any problems while using my NAD521. By the way I live in Ukraine but not in the United States and our prices much differ from ones in the US. For example M6003 you can't get cheaper than 750USD! At this price - I think - it can not be a number 1 choice. N545 however costs 520USD - almost equal to the UK price. Rega Apollo is simply unaffordable on the unknown reason. It costs almost twice as in the UK.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
D.MAZUN:
I also heard a lot about the problems concerning the NAD545 using. Personally I have not ever encountered with any problems while using my NAD521. By the way I live in Ukraine but not in the United States and our prices much differ from ones in the US. For example M6003 you can't get cheaper than 750USD! At this price - I think - it can not be a number 1 choice. N545 however costs 520USD - almost equal to the UK price. Rega Apollo is simply unaffordable on the unknown reason. It costs almost twice as in the UK.

You should try and find the price for the Pioneer then. It's a better player than the Marantz in my opinion.

A

Anonymous

One more question - how do you find Cambridge 540V2 for classical?

A

Anonymous

If you like Nad, try c565, better stage and resolution than c545... a great player with also a optical digital input...and a usb :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts